Pre Filght Update

The lights below the motor pods
The led's can't be changed by the operator- Solo picks the colors depending on flight modes or problems.

It's outlined in the users manual but I don't have access to mine right now.

First of all, it says "arm lights" not "aim".
Second of all it must still be in development- I've never seen that option. Never even heard of it.

I watched the video and noted:
The controller is different- the "brake" button says "hover in place".
The plastic parts Colin is displaying look like they were printed on a 3D printer.

The video is dated April 13, 2015 which is before Solo became available. Looks like those are old ideas that never made it into the production version.

Reactions: Seaair7
Yes I can see they call them arm lights I was calling them aim lights but anyways what type of antenna do you use?

Yes I can see they call them arm lights I was calling them aim lights but anyways what type of antenna do you use?
I am using the FPVLR. Works best for me in the high wi-fi environment in Phoenix.

Some folks get good results with the stock antennas or the Alpha's.
If your interested in the alpha's I have a pair of new ones for $20 (half-price) in the classifieds.
(End of shameless plug)

I also use FPVLR I also have a pair of Alfa
Model APA-M04 I don't like them to big when I was fly @ the beach I was asked if they are speakers LOL and thanks for all the information safe flying and have a great day.

Reactions: Maddog
Speakers? That's funny!
I have the APA-M25's which are smaller and have 10db gain versus 7 for the M04.

i understand your problem. I'm Tinku from Bangladesh. I got my first solo feb 23, 2016 and still stuck with preflight update :p im using iphone 6s. the problem is, it start updating, after few minutes it says no internet connection..... im useing broadband+roughter=wifi :) last night i found this 3drpilots forum and read about this problem. 3dpilots says if i do solo factory reset and again do the whole process... it will work. pls help so that i can fly my solo. thanks

I had it hangup on me once and the update not take.
I shut every thing down. Removed battery from the controler and the solo.
Shut down the phone by holding down the power button and swiping right when prompted to. Restarted the phone after it finshed shutting down.
Restarted the controller then the solo. Let it sit and do its thing.
launched the solo app being carful not to use any other apps, re-down loaded the update.
Quit the app and changed the wifi from the internet to the solo wifi then launched the app and went to update, fallowed the prompts and was patient with it did not do other things or mess with it until it asked me to. then all was good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44