Pre Filght Update

Reaction score
HI All, can anyone offer any suggestions, Pre filght update displayed on controller. Have attended to all the required actions , with no joy. Updated software, Still have Pre Flight update displayed.

What's the message? Not sure what your talking about- more details would help.
He's referring to the message when you first get the Solo.

I'm guessing he didn't completely wait for one of the steps to complete. I've had something like this before. As I recall I just did everything again and waited longer for the Solo and the controller to reboot.

Maddong, I turn on the drone, turn on the controller, and a message comes up saying "PREFLIGHT UPDATE. Required before first flight, Use 3DR Solo App to update."
I have updated the App, and cant get the controller to connect to or respond.

You didn't say whether you were running ios or android. If you are running android, you need to also download the 3DR Services app. It works with the Solo app on android.

Maddong, I turn on the drone, turn on the controller, and a message comes up saying "PREFLIGHT UPDATE. Required before first flight, Use 3DR Solo App to update."
I have updated the App, and cant get the controller to connect to or respond.
And presumably you've connected your phone or tablet to the Sololink wifi first, then launched the Solo app, then run the software update from inside the Solo app. Updating the Solo app on your phone/tablet wont update you Solo or controller.

Last edited:
He's referring to the message when you first get the Solo.

I'm guessing he didn't completely wait for one of the steps to complete. I've had something like this before. As I recall I just did everything again and waited longer for the Solo and the controller to reboot.
Oh- that was a long time ago!

And presumably you've connected your phone or tablet to the Sololink wifi first, then launched the Solo app, then run the software update for the Solo and Controller from inside the Solo app.
correct

ios
You didn't say whether you were running ios or android. If you are running android, you need to also download the 3DR Services app. It works with the Solo app on android.

I have a question does anyone know how to change the Aim Lights on the solo ? I saw Colin in a 3DR video change the color in app
I can't seem to find the that setting.

Hi all Can anyone offer some assistance, THe COntroller displays pre flight update Not sure how to do this, Can find a command in the App settings. Everything up to date.

Once you have established a wifi connection to your device from the controller, and connected to the Solo app, the Solo will go through a preflight check. If you have paired your Solo to the controller, and all firmware is up to date, it shouldn't take too long to go through your preflight check. If there is a problem getting past the preflight check, double check everything to make sure it is on the latest firmware. That would include your app, camera, and your device. If everything is up to date, you should not have to wait too long. Good luck.

Once you have established a wifi connection to your device from the controller, and connected to the Solo app, the Solo will go through a preflight check. If you have paired your Solo to the controller, and all firmware is up to date, it shouldn't take too long to go through your preflight check. If there is a problem getting past the preflight check, double check everything to make sure it is on the latest firmware. That would include your app, camera, and your device. If everything is up to date, you should not have to wait too long. Good luck.
THanks Chuck, I have done all of the above, I just cant get the APP to do the update. Under settings in the App, the only option I have is to do software update. I am connected to the controller via WiFi, When I touch SOftware update, is says system up to date.

Frustrating.

I had a problem getting Solo to boot up when I first got it. The 3DR tech guy had me do a reboot of the controller by removing the controller battery while it was on, and then after about 15 sec. reinstalling the battery and turning it back on. It did the trick for me. Maybe try that and see if it does the trick.

I had a problem getting Solo to boot up when I first got it. The 3DR tech guy had me do a reboot of the controller by removing the controller battery while it was on, and then after about 15 sec. reinstalling the battery and turning it back on. It did the trick for me. Maybe try that and see if it does the trick.
Thanks Chuck, Just tried that but to no avail. Might have to wait until Tech Support wakes up.

I have a question does anyone know how to change the Aim Lights on the solo ? I saw Colin in a 3DR video change the color in app
I can't seem to find the that setting.
Don't know what you mean by "aim lights".:eek:

THanks Chuck, I have done all of the above, I just cant get the APP to do the update. Under settings in the App, the only option I have is to do software update. I am connected to the controller via WiFi, When I touch SOftware update, is says system up to date.

Frustrating.
In the APP, the "update" refers only to the firmware, not the actual Solo app. It's a little confusing. You can't update the APP through the APP. You need to do that through the apple app store or google play.

Hi check your cell phone or tablet in go fly turn on your solo and GoPro just like your going to take-off and you'll see the change click the 2 bars just below record button and then click tools and you'll see all the new settings when I check update it still saying 2.0 not 2.1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44