Poll..Graupner 10x5 or Stock Solo Props?

Which is better in your opinion.. Stock Solo Props or Graupner?

• Graupner is Quieter

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Graupner has Smoother Video

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Stock is Quieter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock has Smoother Video

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
So the new version will suit Solo motor threads then?

The current version 10x4.5MR(ST) have a shoulder on them that really needs to be reamed off so the prop will sit down on the thread properly. .Currently, the nut wont reach the Solo motor thread, and on the T-Motor PA29/30 prop adapters, they sit up a bit.
I agree they are quieter, and I have measured them as more efficient than the stock props,
BUT...(theres always a but...)
being stiffer, they transfer more levelling corrections into the fuze so the gimbal is working harder, and it looked as if the Solo was having more difficulty holding altitude, especially whilst yawing.
Solo would rise or fall depending which way you turn. Which may be another characteristic of a higher than expected thrust at a particular throttle setting.
These APC props would be great for fast flying, or getting out a longer distance away, FPV sort of flying where precision is not needed so much.
But for smooth stable filming, the stock props damp out leveling corrections nicely, and as I found in my testing, are very efficient too. I have gained a new respect for them (and then went and bought some more)
The 10x4.5MR ST and non-ST are a great MR prop. I use them on my other quads and hexas and they are quiet and strong and do the job exceedingly well. My fave MR prop overall.
I just havent found a better prop for smooth stable filming (and precise control while holding station) than the stock prop. It has a good mix of stiffness and thrust that is the best combo I can find...for now.
But i shall keep looking.
Pic of my Solo running T-Motors and Black APC10x4.5MR(ST) props....stealthy.
20151212_013641.jpg

Last edited:
APC Propellers

3DR SOLO Replacement Propellers (Coming Soon)

(January 21, 2016)

We will be introducing a new version of our popular MR series propellers next month.
These will be compatible with the 3DR SOLO drone.

The new propellers will be self tightening and will provide a direct fit on to the existing SOLO motor shafts.
They will be available in packs of two.

The part numbers will be as follows:
LP10045MR(S2)
LP10045MRP(S2)

Please do not use the (ST) type propellers on the SOLO, they will not fit.

Thank you.

APC Propellers

(January 21, 2016)

We will be introducing a new version of our popular MR series propellers next month.

The new propellers will be self tightening and will provide a direct fit on to the existing SOLO motor shafts.

LP10045MR(S2)
LP10045MRP(S2)

Thank you.
Thanks for the update, Just ordered a set.

APC Propellers

(January 21, 2016)

LP10045MR(S2)
LP10045MRP(S2)

Thank you.
Do you know if they will come in different colors ..like Mabe Solo Green ..:)?

Cheers

Good to see these.
For coloring, they take black rit dye very well, not sure about green though.
I might give the green dye a try.

Reactions: Del
Got back from vacation and had a message from APC:
The 3DR SOLO replacement props are now available for sale on our website.
APC Propellers

Many of our distributors should also start carrying them soon.

So far I like them but cannot make a determination if they are "better" for video than the originals, which I have never liked. In very strong beach winds, I did notice some vibration but when I was flying in calmer conditions I was totally happy with the outcome and have no plans to revert to the originals. I also have an unrelated gimbal issue that might affect stability so I'd love to hear others' opinions of them once there are more of them out in the wild.

-z

That would be an interesting test Marich, keep us up to date on that. I also have a set of APC MR 10x4.5 coming just to test as well.

@Jubalr Let me know how these turn out....? I had a set of APC 8x4 on my DJI Phantom 1.0 back in the day and they kicked ass! And really want to know how the APCs would fly on the solo. I just havn't gotten around to looking if they make the 10x4.5 size for solos replacements...
I now see the links above... I might have to order some! :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44