Log Help: Work Solo fell out of the sky

What happened?

• Total voters
Older logs:
2018-07-10_272E
First field for the survey job the day before the Solo fell out of the sky.

2018-07-09_37
Final field for the survey job two days before the Solo fell out of the sky.

Can anyone spot anything fishy?
I looked at both and I am a bit confused looking at Des Yaw vs Yaw. Maybe someone smarter than me can look. I thought I read some where that the Solo would sacrifice proper yaw orientation if needed to continue to fly and not crash.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I looked at both and I am a bit confused looking at Des Yaw vs Yaw. Maybe someone smarter than me can look. I thought I read some where that the Solo would sacrifice proper yaw orientation if needed to continue to fly and not crash.
Would having WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR:3 lead to that behavior? I do have the Solo set to follow along the flight plan while facing forward along the path...

I wonder if that is causing serious problems. Years ago with APM 2.5 I would enable compass learn and walk with the aircraft in a triangular pattern to try and get the offsets better. Then it was disabled and remember the old APM 2.5 only had one crappy internal compass. I would most definitely turn off compass learn.

Test the winds at mission altitude before flight. My technique is as follows: Go to altitude, switch to manual and watch the Solo drift away in the wind, then check ground speed on Solex display, RTL, land and install a fresh battery for the mission. I call it a 'weather check'. It adds to your situational awareness.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc