PolarPro Led Lights - Failure

Reaction score
full

full

Anyone have this happened ...wire separation from LED strip........hate to spend another $30 only to have it happen again down the road.....

Nice product but poor design.......this is what they call " a single point of failure" here ......

Is it fixable ?
full

Last edited:
can't see your pic, but let me ask you this.
Have you contacted Polar Pro before you came here to post?

Perhaps a simple email or phone call to their CS department might yield fruitful results no?

Satisfaction Guarantee
PolarPro products are designed by adventure, for adventure. We stand behind our products no matter what adventure you take them on.

Our products are fully warrantied with proof of purchase to the original owner against defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product. This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, or normal wear and tear. We stand behind our products and will always focus on your satisfaction.

Warranty

Last edited:
Reactions: SARDG
Anyone have this happened ...wire separation from LED strip........hate to spend another $30 only to have it happen again down the road.....

Nice product but poor design.......this is what they call " a single point of failure" here ......

Is it fixable ?
20170208_103511_1486583063852.jpg

Just email PolarPro and they will send you a new one

Already did that this morning.....nice lengthy e-mail.....it is a nice product......poor design on connections to strip....they need to re-think that to ensure strength

Cryhavoc,

Was there a problem with me posting here just to inquiry if it happened to anyone else .....???

can you repost your picture. the first one didn't come through for some reason.

sure can and I see your point. Perhaps a dollip of hot glue or something similar in the future would prevent those two solder pads from ripping off like that.
You are right. it needs some strain relief for sure.
keep us advised on what PolarPro says and thank you

Reactions: speatuk
sure can and I see your point. Perhaps a dollip of hot glue or something similar in the future would prevent those two solder pads from ripping off like that.
You are right. it needs some strain relief for sure.
keep us advised on what PolarPro says and thank you

I hot glued mine as soon as they came out of the package. I thought hmmmmm that looks a bit poor. So I fixed it before it broke. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hot glued mine as soon as they came out of the package. I thought hmmmmm that looks a bit poor. So I fixed it before it broke. Lol

This should be a sticky suggestion..
hot glue your PolarPro

:)

Polar Pro Customer Service responded already......

They will send a replacement out.......they just asked for a pic of disconnected wire & a copy of my Amazon invoice.....

Now that's excellent customer service......

Reactions: SARDG and speatuk
Polar Pro Customer Service responded already......

They will send a replacement out.......they just asked for a pic of disconnected wire & a copy of my Amazon invoice.....

Now that's excellent customer service......

So fix it and you have a spare.
[emoji16]

My polar pro lights keep coming off the solo port...I'm guessing vibration but it really sucks when I'm about 1500ft recording at night and all of the sudden, no lights.
I'll be contacting them as well. Hopefully they also do something as well.
Happy flying guys!

My polar pro lights keep coming off the solo port...I'm guessing vibration but it really sucks when I'm about 1500ft recording at night and all of the sudden, no lights.
I'll be contacting them as well. Hopefully they also do something as well.
Happy flying guys!

other than the stock pod lights and the polarpro, what FAA legal lighting system are you using for night flying at 1500 feet in order to be compliant?

other than the stock pod lights and the polarpro, what FAA legal lighting system are you using for night flying at 1500 feet in order to be compliant?

Thank you BigTulsa..,
Of course I meant distance, not hight..LOL..,!!!
I know the laws and rules cryhavoc38...
Thanks for the concern though.

Great customer service by Polar pro........not only did they send me a replacement set......they sent a extra one to boot.....

Wow ....2 sets of lights.......if I solder my old ones ....then I will have three.....but it appears to be a hassle to solder such a small spot.....

If anyone wants my bad set & is into soldering, PM me ....I will ship them to you.........

Now, maybe I will still look into Maddog's $90 setup of lights......I like what I see there.....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig