Pixhawk version and firmware

Reaction score
I received my New Solo today, I successfully updated to OpenSolo firmware 3.0.0 (using solox)

As I read, the new Solo is equipped by Pixhawk 2, but I'm not sure if mine uses it! I would to know to see if it's ok to update to 3.5.x

So..
- how can I query the pixhawk version or where to find it in the apps?
- if I attempt to update to 3.5 using solex, will it query the Pixhawk type before installing and deny the installation if my pixhawk is not v2? or it will blindly update?

What else would it have?? No, you cannot put ArduCopter 3.5 on the stock pixhawk 2.0 on the Solo. Not safely anyway. And Solex will not let you.

But How I even know it's Pixhawk2, is there anyway I can check? At least if it's an old version of Pixhawk, then I can install v2 cube since I'm planning to order a HERE GPS

But How I even know it's Pixhawk2, is there anyway I can check? At least if it's an old version of Pixhawk, then I can install v2 cube since I'm planning to order a HERE GPS
You know because you bought a new Solo, and the Solo comes with a Pixhawk 2. There is no means by which it could possibly have something else. You don't need to buy or change anything in order to use the HERE.

Nothing on the packing or anywhere telling this is not old stock or mentioning a production date, that's why I was looking for a hardware query method.

Hey.. I didn't like the way how you answer!! Neither me nor my question is stupid! But you are not understanding that I have this device for several hours and I thought that the black and green cubes are 1 and 2 respectively.. you would have said that both of them are 2 and politely in the first reply!!
On the other side.. I expected technical answer because it matters to me to know how to connect to the devices through an interface, wifi or CAN bus and read my devices to know what's happening under the hood and how to hack my hardware.

I've answered your question directly, clearly, technically, and exactly three times now. You wanting the answer to a different question that you didn't actually ask is not actually my problem. You not reading anything published about the Solo or it's autopilot hardware and making completely incorrect assumptions, is also not my problem.

I've answered your question directly, clearly, technically, and exactly three times now. You wanting the answer to a different question that you didn't actually ask is not actually my problem. You not reading anything published about the Solo or it's autopilot hardware and making completely incorrect assumptions, is also not my problem.
In such case, you would better keep your two additional replies for yourself.. and to not reply again to questions you think it doesn't make sense to you.. That would then be a sort of respect (and better than replying in attitude)

No. That makes no sense. You asked questions, and I answered them (correctly). This is your screw up based on your incorrect assumptions, period. Move on, you will not win this non-sense no matter how you try to justify it to yourself.

If you think I'm trying win something then this means that you actually are.. not me.
As for me, all what I wanted and what I asked you to do..
Is to be polite

I have been polite. You not liking the answer because you asked the wrong question, is again not my problem. Please get over it.

Reactions: funfly
Im guessing he thought that the green cube was the pix2.0 and the factory pix inside the solo ( which is the real pix2.0 ) was something else all together. Where in reality the green cube is a much better piece of hardware than the factory pix2.0, and is based off of the extremely capable pixhawk 2.1 "cube" but has some minor hardware tweaks and software tweaks in order to be a direct bolt in upgrade for the factory pix2.0 in our trusty SOLOs. Please correct me if im wrong, just trying to clear the confusion.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: belal
Im guessing he thought that the green cube was the pix2.0 and the factory pix inside the solo ( which is the real pix2.0 ) was something else all together. Where in reality the green cube is a much better piece of hardware than the factory pix2.0, and is based off of the extremely capable pixhawk 2.1 "cube" but has some minor hardware tweaks and software tweaks in order to be a direct bolt in upgrade for the factory pix2.0 in our trusty SOLOs. Please correct me if im wrong, just trying to clear the confusion.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Actually yes, that was the confusion I had when I asked my question at the beginning...
I bought the Solo drone to build on it a custom veichle that satisfies my needs in my career in Visual Effects in Film industry... so, I wanted to see how to go for a compatible solution with Solo to utilize any useful components in my drone and the most important to not lose the ability to modify the Open Solo rather than building my creature from scratch..

Up till now and in regard to pixhawk2.1, I found that I will have to build my own mother board with pixhawk2.1+carrier with Edison, I.MX6 board (and may need an additional arduino due board to support some other parrallel features).. I'm still doing R&D on this whole thing.. but the power is going to be a big concern that will require a lot of work!

You can put a Pixhawk 2.1 green cube in the Solo. That's what the green cube is for. Building something from scratch is not necessary for that. That will get you ArduCopter 3.5 / master. And everything that goes with it. The link in my signature describes open solo and the green cube process.

In another thread here related to pixhawk, I been told that the Solo board was not designed to make all the pixhawk pins available, that's why I thought about making a replacement board to have all the ch servo pins available in addition to any possible others that might not be connected..

So, do you mean that the board will give me access on all the pixhawk pins? If not all, then is there any diagram or list available showing the ignored pins?

The Solo carrier does not have all the pins broken out. The engineering guys wanted to but the management guys cheaped out on it and didn't let them. The aux servo/relay pins are not available, however the regular servo 6, 7, & 8 pins are available. Have you looked inside the Solo? You can't just take out the board and plop a conventional cube/carrier in there....

01b23b75aa96fbe3461da92403d95ea9aefe6c78d8.jpg

Reactions: belal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig