Pixhawk version and firmware

Wonderful...
No I didn't look inside it yet... I will in Friday.

Awesome, glad i could help open the communication airways a bit better here. I was the same way when i came in. I thought the solo had the pixhawk 2.1 in it, which at the time i thought was the 2.0. I had no idea the solo team had a not so full featured model installed in it.... Its still an upgrade in my world tho, i was coming from a chinese cloned APM 2.6 on a turnigy sk450 deadcat, lol

Reactions: artcuda
In such case, you would better keep your two additional replies for yourself.. and to not reply again to questions you think it doesn't make sense to you.. That would then be a sort of respect (and better than replying in attitude)
A friendly reminder: get used to his style if you want to use OpenSolo.;)

Actually yes, that was the confusion I had when I asked my question at the beginning...
I bought the Solo drone to build on it a custom veichle that satisfies my needs in my career in Visual Effects in Film industry... so, I wanted to see how to go for a compatible solution with Solo to utilize any useful components in my drone and the most important to not lose the ability to modify the Open Solo rather than building my creature from scratch..

Up till now and in regard to pixhawk2.1, I found that I will have to build my own mother board with pixhawk2.1+carrier with Edison, I.MX6 board (and may need an additional arduino due board to support some other parrallel features).. I'm still doing R&D on this whole thing.. but the power is going to be a big concern that will require a lot of work!

If you're looking to use the solo for parts to build a bigger and better drone but maintain the smartshots etc. there is a facebook group called "3DR Solo brain transplant" (This is just a link to the factbook group evne though it says security check -->)Security Check Required In there you'll find the answers that you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: belal
A friendly reminder: get used to his style if you want to use OpenSolo.;)

To be fair, Matt (peddles2paddles) did answer the question.
No, you cannot put ArduCopter 3.5 on the stock pixhawk 2.0 on the Solo. Not safely anyway. And Solex will not let you.

If a user has upgraded to OpenSolo 3.0 through Solex then they'd know how to go back into Solex firmware updates and try upgrading the pix to 3.5 give this a shot. If they've got a 2.0 cube - then no it won't work. Also note that the 2.1 green cube is not a 3DR product and in the instructions for the green cube it warns that it would void your warranty with 3DR to install it. Even though its not a 3dr product the same guy that designed the Pix 2 designed the 2.1.

Last edited:
If you're looking to use the solo for parts to build a bigger and better drone but maintain the smartshots etc. there is a facebook group called "3DR Solo brain transplant" (This is just a link to the factbook group evne though it says security check -->)Security Check Required In there you'll find the answers that you need.
Thanks for letting me know.. that's exactly what I want

LOL! My style is blunt. But there are lots of people who are Open Solo gurus at this point who are less blunt than me :p
Yes you are :) and yes I got frustrated, but just from outside.. I know this kind of people are straight and have clean heart...
Same here :D
You wouldn't like to join a project I'm leading in my career! Who does.. wishes to die before miss understanding something I said.. I don't ever mean it to be tough like that!! But they are my team :) here we are between the folks.. so I still ask you to (try) to be more patient... this usually happens when someone has deep knowledge in what he is doing, but only your close people will understand that this is a good thing about you not bad.

It's ok.. you win
Just let's stop this

Belal, I wouldn't take it personally, P2P has a comment about everything. He is the self appointed authority regarding the Solo. Hence why he is on here All THE F'n time, all day long, look at his post frequency. Reminds me of the online gaming addiction crowd, on 20 of the 24 hr day.

Belal, I wouldn't take it personally, P2P has a comment about everything. He is the self appointed authority regarding the Solo. Hence why he is on here All THE F'n time, all day long, look at his post frequency. Reminds me of the online gaming addiction crowd, on 20 of the 24 hr day.
Gee, I wonder if this is a fake, fraudulent account created by a forum psycho? Account created today, and this is the first and only post. Hmm. Sounds totally legit.

Screenshot_20180126-153517.png

Reactions: David Boulanger

P2P... Some of us understand -- and appreciate -- what you do, and with all the help you try to give, and if you really were an @$$, why would you be stopping to help in the first place?

LOL, you are on here 24/7! Not fraudulent, actually been monitoring this site "off and on" since 3drpilots.com inception back in 2015, multiple Solo owner since mid 2015 and RC hobbyist since the 80's . Also feel no need to create accounts for every forum I find on the web, I just read them. The Belal post finally drove me to point to posting my thoughts. Thought you should know, that's what forums are for, right! No big deal! I'm out! No need to reply either but I bet you are!

Lurking since 2015 and just now decided to make a new account, and make post #1 a personal attack. Suuuuuure. Totally credible.

Since when has lurking been a crime? Next you'll be saying "it's a crime to hide in someone's bedroom closet and take photo's of them without them knowing......" Christ, between you and the FBI.....

:p

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
Let's remember that we are all here to help each other out. There is no room for attitude and crassness. We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that people want to visit repeatedly. The 3DRPilots Forum should be a virtual reflection of how we all hope the community of 3DR enthusiasts would act in the real world. Treat each other with respect just as you would if you were meeting in person for coffee before enjoying a day of flying together in shared airspace. This is a community of friends and partners who are collaborating to encourage and support a growing 3D Robotics community. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable. Violating the rules will earn you warnings or banishment - Community Rules.

So please keep this in mind as you participate in the forum topics. Let's keep this place an open & welcoming community.

Reactions: David Boulanger
Since when has lurking been a crime? Next you'll be saying "it's a crime to hide in someone's bedroom closet and take photo's of them without them knowing......" Christ, between you and the FBI.....

:p
You have some weird preferences man.... but I guess it could be worse. The CIA could be involved

:eek:

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421