Perfect Video UNTIL Takeoff then rolling and scrambled.

Reaction score
I have an odd problem and haven't had any luck finding anything about it online. Everything connects and starts up normally. I see the video feed in the app and I can press record on on the controller and stop the recording and the video is still perfect. As soon as I takeoff, the video disappears, or begins rolling and then disappears. I can sometimes get it back if I put solo on pause hovering above my head, although its still rolling, but as soon as I move solo, the video is gone again. I have the gimbal and solo and this problem was occurring before I got the gimbal. I was hoping the gimbal would fix the problem but no such luck! Tried it with suggested settings and on Samsung S6, Ipad mini 2, and Iphone 6. Any suggestions from the experts of this forum? Thanks for taking time to read this guys!!

I have an odd problem and haven't had any luck finding anything about it online. Everything connects and starts up normally. I see the video feed in the app and I can press record on on the controller and stop the recording and the video is still perfect. As soon as I takeoff, the video disappears, or begins rolling and then disappears. I can sometimes get it back if I put solo on pause hovering above my head, although its still rolling, but as soon as I move solo, the video is gone again. I have the gimbal and solo and this problem was occurring before I got the gimbal. I was hoping the gimbal would fix the problem but no such luck! Tried it with suggested settings and on Samsung S6, Ipad mini 2, and Iphone 6. Any suggestions from the experts of this forum? Thanks for taking time to read this guys!!
My bet is either a bad/loose cable or the GoPro. If you have another micro HDMI cable and something to connect it to (a TV with HDMI in) then try hooking the GoPro to that. If that works, open the Solo up and look at both ends of the cable. If you have an alternate cable, swap it out temporarily. The results of that should lead you to the problem component. My bet is the cable.

Last edited:
My bet is either a bad/loose cable or the GoPro. If you have another micro HDMI cable and something to connect it to (a TV with HDMI in) then try hooking the GoPro to that. If that doesn't work, open the Solo up and look at both ends of the cable. If you have an alternate cable, swap it out temporarily. The results of that should lead you to the problem component. My bet is the cable.
Ditto! :cool:

Did you do the wifi software mod?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela