Peau Productions Lenses and cameras.....

Reaction score
For you pro photographers....
Did any of you upgrade lenses to eliminate the fisheye?
Fisheye cab be artsy... but not for real estate / architecture photos etc....

Have heard good things of Peau... and do not have my gopro yet...

Thoughts? And what lens or lenses do you use? and do you use filters?

Thanks,

Geez...... there are gobs of (very old, but pertinent) threads on ALL of this. Try the search function.

Will do. Im a Newb. Thanks.
Understand... but all forums everywhere have that wonderful and helpful search function. ;) I figure that 95% of all questions ever asked... have been asked and answered already, and are available with a search.

Image... is everything... but my image is tarnished because I often expect folks to use the search function. :p

I'm gonna hop in with yet another timely reminder that any Hero 4 camera now can use linear mode: bingo! No (or rather far less) fisheye. :)

Yes, use the search function. But short answer is that for video an ND filter helps reduce the shutter speed. I find it essential in bright light. My ideal is to get a shutter speed 1/(2 x the frame rate) seconds. Example, for a frame rate of 30 fps, a shutter on video of 1/60 second will give me a smooth result. For still shots YRMD for an ND or polarizer. Frankly I would just fly whatever you got; your results and needs will tell you whether you need a different lens.

To Mark...

Peau lenses are great.

The new linear FOV in the GoPro 4's latest firmware is great, but it doesn't work with 4k video.

The only way to get a rectilinear image (no fish eye) in 4k with a GoPro is to use a Peau lens.

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea