Peau lens comparison - 3.97mm vs 4.35mm

Thanks, that tells me a lot. I think the MP 'rating' on my 5.4mm is only 10 MP, but it is mostly sharp enough - except for the vibration factor. My problem is I also use it with my hand-held gimbal, which I like a lot, so now I just have to decide whether to get a second GoPro for the 3.97 or just change the lens out and live with it.
Well I think you'll be happy with the 3.97mm from Peau, but if your not, send me a PM and I'll probably be willing buy it off of you!

the 4.4 I had did not seem to have that much added vibration, I was surprised
Going to retire my 4.4 to my gopro 3 Black for scuba and hand held or tripod video

Going to be interesting to see how the 3.97 compared to that lens
Yes, please let us know. As I recall your 4.4 isn't from Peau, but I'd like to hear what you think when you compare them.

that is correct mine was from Ebay
and i really quite liked it.
All the buzz about this 3.97 got the best of me, not to mention I got tired of waiting on a lens profile removal

Is it a misprint that 4.35mm lens material is plastic and not glass ?
4.35mm f/2.8 72d HFOV 10MP(No Distortion) – Peau Productions
Thread Material : Metal
Optics Material : Plastic

Same with 5.4mm too
5.4mm f/2.5 60d HFOV 10MP(No Distortion) – Peau Productions

However the 3.97mm and the so called GoPro stock lens 2.92mm are GLASS
3.97mm f/2.8 82d HFOV 16MP(No Distortion) – Peau Productions
2.92mm f/2.8 123d HFOV 12MP GP29228S (STOCK GOPRO LENS) – Peau Productions

???

Is it a misprint that 4.35mm lens material is plastic and not glass ?
4.35mm f/2.8 72d HFOV 10MP(No Distortion) – Peau Productions

Same with 5.4mm too
5.4mm f/2.5 60d HFOV 10MP(No Distortion) – Peau Productions

However the 3.97mm and the so called GoPro stock lens 2.92mm are GLASS
3.97mm f/2.8 82d HFOV 16MP(No Distortion) – Peau Productions
2.92mm f/2.8 123d HFOV 12MP GP29228S (STOCK GOPRO LENS) – Peau Productions

???
What the what?!?!

Did they switch lens suppliers? I know I looked into it when I got the 4.35. But that was last summer. Anyway, I'm happy with the 3.97, but I'll be pissed if it turns out my 4.35 has been plastic all this time.

dis you see the legs or props in 4k with the 3.97 in an situation?
no.

But since you asked "in any situation" I suppose there are probably scenarios where you might be able to fly aggressively enough to see the legs. I could probably get them if I cranked up the speed param and designed an extreme way point auto mission in Tower. But after numerous flights I've never seen the legs with the 3.97.

As to the props, that also hasn't been an issue. I suppose if you had the gimbal tilt all the way up at 90 degrees and you flew forward at full speed (full rabbit or faster) with wind gusts you might get the prop arms. Certainly you'd see the blur of the props in that scenario. But again that's not been an issue for me. First of all you'd have to being flying very fast directly forward to get a steep enough angle of attack - which I haven't done. Also, I tend to limit the camera tilt to 85 degrees. It's an old habit of mine to limit props in drone video predating the Solo. It greatly reduces the chances of ever seeing the props.

Reactions: brunoferreiro
I received a reply from Peau Productions "We plan to launch a remote service in the next few weeks. Please subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated on new products and services."!

Sometimes I think the 3.97mm should be sharper? Comments welcome.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just a suggestion, setup the camera on a tripod and at the approx. distance you expect to fly to evaluate the focus. Helps to have the camera pointed with the sun at your back like an afternoon sun, depending on your latitude Will simulate better how the sun is when flying during the day. I'm in Texas, so the sun is relatively overhead most of the year. Contrasting objects is a must when checking focus.

No question that the micro vibes will appear to make the video out of focus, halo effect. The greater the distance, the greater the appearance of a focus error. Only so much can be removed or sharpened in post. fwiw, this is not a Solo exclusive issue.

Rich,

I spent a couple of hours trying to get focus right on this camera and lens. Tripod stills taken at about 100 to 125 feet, three shots at a time with graduated marks on lens barrel. Then I would pick the best of the three at 200% and 300% and then try slightly to either side and repeat.

Rich,

I spent a couple of hours trying to get focus right on this camera and lens. Tripod stills taken at about 100 to 125 feet, three shots at a time with graduated marks on lens barrel. Then I would pick the best of the three at 200% and 300% and then try slightly to either side and repeat.
Roger that, it's a lot of work to dial it in... I think you're dealing with the halo effect. Would like to find a extremely light weight laser to prove my point.

Curious, what part of the country do you typically fly, related to temps....

Home area western AR. Temps mild in winter and can be 90s to over 110 in summer. The day that was shot it was probably in the upper 60s with low humidity.

[QUOTE="RichWest, post: 102883, member: 394"You'd melt July through September here."[/QUOTE]

Lol better than floating away lol

It's not that bad here today 16'c (61 in your money lol)

I just need to go to your side of the pond again.
Love the USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44