Peau lens application.

Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Hi folks I would appreciate some direction from the local guys. On the Peau web page we have a few options between lens size/angle and fstops. Look if I film from a helicopter I am going to go for a 10 mm lens @ f/22. Or a 50 mm @ f/8 because that is going to give me the best representation of what the human eye sees. Nice and sharp.
Now on the Peau web page the lens look more like old fashioned cufflinks and my brain is bewildered and overwhelmed. So all I need is roundabout 10mm @ f22 lens what is the Peau equivalent of this and a 50mm @ f8.
Or anything you prefer your experience and direction would be much appreciated.

You are not making much sense. There is no iris in the Peau lenses. a 3.97mm is about equivalent to a 22mm lens in a 35mm format I think.

Last edited:
If you put on a 10mm lens, you will probably have a lot of problem with vibration, maybe jello. The longer focal length and narrower FOV amplifies every little jitter.

@ David exactly. Everything is fixed not like any other lens at all. On their web page for example the PeauPro82 3.97mm (22mm) f/2.8 is based on what measure? I know what my Cine lenses can give me under certain light conditions and at what focal length I can get a nice dof. Which I don’t want on a solo shot at all. So how does a gopro deal with these factors = on the sensor not on the lens, has to be right. So what is f/2.8 on a gopro? Based on what? On what factors? Light? Focal length Distance? What?

They are getting very good results I really like the PeauPro82 images = 3.97mm (22mm) f/2.8. really nice stuff. PeauPro82 3.97mm GoPro H4 Black – Peau Productions.

F number = Focal length / Diameter of entrance pupil. 2.8 = 3.97/ x. That would make the entrance opening of the Peau lens 1.42mm.

Hi folks I would appreciate some direction from the local guys. On the Peau web page we have a few options between lens size/angle and fstops. Look if I film from a helicopter I am going to go for a 10 mm lens @ f/22. Or a 50 mm @ f/8 because that is going to give me the best representation of what the human eye sees. Nice and sharp.
Now on the Peau web page the lens look more like old fashioned cufflinks and my brain is bewildered and overwhelmed. So all I need is roundabout 10mm @ f22 lens what is the Peau equivalent of this and a 50mm @ f8.
Or anything you prefer your experience and direction would be much appreciated.
There are many choices beyond Peau lenses, which I find very expensive and I am not sure about how much better, if any, they truly are. I bought this on for my HERO 4 Black on Ebay for $20: 4.35MM Lens With Printing 1/2.3 Inch 10MP IR 72D NON FISHEYE for Gopro 4 Camera. I am happy with it. I can't say if the Peau is better. BUT I do know it is much less $$, and it is fine for my applications. Unfortunately this lens is no longer available from the vendor I bought from and now his stuff is $$$ also.

Try this link and see if the info is relevant for you. The price difference is huge. 4.35MM Lens 1/2.3 Inch 10MP IR 72D HFOV NON Distortion for Gopro DJI Phantom Drones Xiaomi Yi SJCAM Camera They may have different focal length lenses available on their site as well.

There is another thread about these lenses here on 3DR https: //3drpilots.com/threads/peau-camera-lenses-on-sale-ever.9893/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso