Orbit Smart Shot - Does it really function like this on IOS ?

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can anyone verify if this is exactly how nice and easy Orbit works to set up on IOS. Even on my Android device with the maps cached it is very slow to perform and get any sort of resolution on a google earth shot.

Because it's driving me crazy watching how easy the IOS app is in this video and the shitty lagging android app which has turned out to be. I'm on a Samsung Note 3, but I should have a bigger screen I know. They really should make this function much more intuitive than it is.

There's that, and also for some reason when I first got this Solo late last week as I came out of a smart shot by pressing, 'fly' it would be instantaneous. For some reason now, it's delayed a few secs. I don't know what's going on.

Earldgrayjr had a suggestion for the use in Tower, but I wish to see about getting some feedback on the IOS app.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can anyone verify if this is exactly how nice and easy Orbit works to set up on IOS. Even on my Android device with the maps cached it is very slow to perform and get any sort of resolution on a google earth shot.

Because it's driving me crazy watching how easy the IOS app is in this video and the shitty lagging android app which has turned out to be. I'm on a Samsung Note 3, but I should have a bigger screen I know. They really should make this function much more intuitive than it is.

There's that, and also for some reason when I first got this Solo late last week as I came out of a smart shot by pressing, 'fly' it would be instantaneous. For some reason now, it's delayed a few secs. I don't know what's going on.

Earldgrayjr had a suggestion for the use in Tower, but I wish to see about getting some feedback on the IOS app.
I use an iPad mini 3 and its that easy. I always exit smart shots by pressing the "X" at the lower right corner of the screen.

I use an iPad mini 3 and its that easy. I always exit smart shots by pressing the "X" at the lower right corner of the screen.
Thanks for the quick response.

To clarify, (I'm referring to the youtube video now)

It show's a nice large cached map google earth style and you have a line?
At the end of that line is 65feet ?
If you hold your finger on the map and move the circle closer, this effectively brings the orbit anchor point closer?
If you left the line where it was it would make the circle anchor point on the other side of the tree at the end of the line?

Hope you get me. Reason I ask so accurately is that this android solo app is really shitting me and I'm considering buying a ipad mini and dropping more $$$ damn it.

Thanks for the quick response.

To clarify, (I'm referring to the youtube video now)

It show's a nice large cached map google earth style and you have a line?
At the end of that line is 65feet ?
If you hold your finger on the map and move the circle closer, this effectively brings the orbit anchor point closer?
If you left the line where it was it would make the circle anchor point on the other side of the tree at the end of the line?

Hope you get me. Reason I ask so accurately is that this android solo app is really shitting me and I'm considering buying a ipad mini and dropping more $$$ damn it.
Yes to everything! :)
Don't know what else I can tell you but maybe you can find somebody with an iOS device. Load the Solo app (free) onto it and try it out.

Yes to everything! :)
Don't know what else I can tell you but maybe you can find somebody with an iOS device. Load the Solo app (free) onto it and try it out.

Thanks. Good job. Yeah, I've thought about doing that. It's the fact that it specifically has to be a mini. I have an iPad, but only the regular iPad 3 ( not supported )

appreciate your comments mate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo