One week girls !! and boys.

Chris did your rolling video get worse under full stick?

Yes I fly everywhere full stick, i did keep exiting the app hoping to improve it when it reloaded. i dont have any clue really as i kept watching for my other issues.

I'm keeping mine for sure. No issues i couldn't resolve.

@ChrisM101 Ryan and I have a thread going on the Facebook owners group. Sounds like its a common issue an requires going back. If so this is end for me and probably Ryan @Dunginhawk

Unfortunately itll probably have to be filmed with a DJI product if you want a stabilized image
My Yuneec Q500 would do an amazing job of stabilized filming - if you they move real slow so it can keep up, and you don't mind the yellow/sepia tint....

Its probably a bannable offense if i got on their facebook and questioned all the issues i have. Mines going back already should have my RMA within 2 days, but im not sure when ill send it. Vacation this weekend. what to do what to do.

Hell my first post here was how I was rooting for Solo/3dr. Still am.

It's unfortunate the gimbal wasn't ready.

Poor planning or whatever; or more likely it was a conflagration of events that resulted in A) getting in bed with best buy and having to keep promises of units on shelves. Thereby shipping units without gimbal. This is the big leagues after all B) release of the P3 with some of the Inspire features for <$1,300 or even $999 made us push the launch even harder. Did they really have a choice to delay the whole thing 2 months? Would it have been better? I think so.

Bottom line this just wasn't a good launch. Sure we were promised free batteries and told up front about the shipping delays for the gimbal (unfortunately our partner is best buy, so most customers would rather pony up $150 than efff around with best buy to get their battery). And yes it sounded good. But then there is reality. When the honeymoon phase is over and customers turn on you. This is not helped by the perception (reality?) of poor GPS performance. Folks I just picked up a Yuneec Q500 4k. The camera isn't as good as the Hero 4 and it flys gingerly like your grandfathers oldsmobile but.... it comes with 2 batteries in the box, the gimbal works great with level horizons (uh hum DJI) AND it locks on to a dozen or more satellites almost immediately and after lift off you will have 18 or 19. Hell the RC gets 12 satellites! haha Edit: Oh yeah,,, The Yuneec isn't a long range champ either so Solo has no worries re: the Yuneec in the range dept.

I remember the story of Osborne Computer in the early 80s. Adam Osborne was selling lots of Osborne 1s and made the mistake of talking about improvements coming up in the Osborne 2 "portable" computer. Sales of the Osborne 1 immediately dried up upon news of the "2". Osborne computer ran out of money before the 2 could be brought to market and the company had to shut down. Not saying 3dr will have this rotten luck not at all. Just pointing out that rolling out new products is rough business and requires planning and luck. Wow that's a long post hope you enjoyed a nice glass of wine or shot of Jack reading tonight. My only real concern about Solo is the GPS performance. Everything else about it I like (1,000' is ok for me and I have other lightbridge crafts).

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Second verse, same as the first.

I have ran out of reasons to keep it now.

geeze i come on here and realize more issues i have with solo. i had mentally blocked the rolling video which recently became an issue. How long can we support 3DR when they cannot deliver the basic GPS guided flight, barometric altitude, gimbal, and FPV over any decent range...
Do you still have your Chris? I thought I read a post where you gave up and sent it back.

Damn, new issues? I haven't fired up Solo in almost 3 weeks. I actually think I'm going to hold out until the gimbal shows up; sometime in September.

RICH.
What are you going to do with all the add ons that you bought for your solo if you send it back?

The latest from B&H on gimbal/battery ETA delivery!!!
Please be advised that your backordered items are estimated to arrive at our warehouse by:
Battery ETA: Mid-Late August
Gimbal ETA: 08/17/15

Ordered on May 6th direct. But I plan on watching BB for stock and pick it up if available before mine ships and cancel the direct.
Please keep your eyes and hands off of my BB stock!

Please keep your eyes and hands off of my BB stock!
Damn! I knew I should have kept quite about my plans! hopefully they will be able to provide for both of us..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny