One week girls !! and boys.

hate to say im with him, but likely i am.
I havent had the issues others have, although GPS lock does take forever. I just feel like everything i do when i fly is inferior. minus the smart shots, and POI etc is already working elsewhere. Curse me too :(

I am dying to get my gimbal!

I also haven't seen any "real" GPS issues. The pilots are simply not ensuring there is a clear path back to "Return Home" so one needs to fly ABOVE obstacles and always ensure your return home path is unimpeded. I keep hearing about GPS "bugs" and flyaways but honestly all of the ones I see on youtube are pure pilot error/ignorance and I say that with complete respect as many of us (me included) are "noobs" to this drone piloting business.

I have had a few GPS drops and return homes, but I always anticipate it and plan for that when flying, and have not experienced any "bugs" nor needed to replace any propellers or anything (i know, i'm jinxing myself now) but I think this is the big difference between folks who are happy with their Solo and those who are not, is that you have to understand the technology to use it properly

The stock range issues with solo can be remedied for as little as $10 or $20 with new antennas or up to $130 (or more) for FPVLR antenna or similar. I bought one and will post results here

Sorry to break the bad news buddy but as much as I love and have praised my solo their have been plenty of gps issues. I personally have had 2 and saved both but I promise you my bird was flying left only not toward home my one was about ten feet from home. 3dr has even admitted to some gps issues only reason I haven't had any latley is when I'm near ground I fly manual only.

Unless your collecting a check I promise you probably haven't praised solo as much as I have and I love mine truly but while a whole lot of the issues have been user error I can tell you first hand not all have been. Mine have happened with a clear sight of sky and no reason whatsoever thankfully I managed to save it but that came down to me flying a phantom for a hundred flights or so before solo so I can see where newer folks would easily crash if they had the same thing happen.

I'm still new myself but not so new that I did anything wrong or was at fault I'm just being cautious as everybody should be with solo until we're sure this new tech is fine tuned. I fully expected these issues so I'm happy still just not so naive as to think every crash has been pilot error. Glad your enjoying your solo as am I but mine happened after 30 perfect flights in the same spot and the newest updates with no warning so just be careful. I thought I was out of the woods myself and thought most all the issues were pilot error as well but after seeing it first hand I realize there's still some things to work out.

Good luck and safe flying I hope we see our gimbals at weeks end as well.

hate to say im with him, but likely i am.
I havent had the issues others have, although GPS lock does take forever. I just feel like everything i do when i fly is inferior. minus the smart shots, and POI etc is already working elsewhere. Curse me too :(

What do you mean I'm confused why so many people unhappy suddenly seemed like everybody loved these things not long ago are these comments on Collin or on solo?

I can't say on p3 but I can say solo is light years ahead of my p2 even in its current state. I haven't even flown the p2 in weeks since it flys like a toy now that I'm used to solo.

Me, personally, ive been making excuses for the solo because i wanted so badly for it to be the quad i kept. I made that gigantic pros/cons post that was well received, but since then, its just more of the same.

All the pros, are still there to some extent. I love the look of it. But at the end of the day, i cant buy based on looks, this isnt farmersonly.com

Smart shots are being put in to software useable by the phantoms NOW.
I wont get in to all of them here because this is a 3dr board, but im just having issues now I didnt before as well.

Hey guys and gals, The bantering is all good natured. I know you are all aware of that. No one is more disappointed than me that you are having issues, issues for experienced flyers in this hobby. I almost wish I had a problem or two of my own so I could understand more,,,almost. In any case, you know I wish you all well no matter what you decide. Good flying and fly safe

Reactions: DodgeP
issues that are REALLY killing it now, strangely enough Rich and i are both having
1. Video is rolling on tab/phone when full throttle (right stick), when hovering, its fine. 1/2 - full its glitchy and rolling, and terrible.
2. alt hold issues.

I haven't flown the solo since my P3 arrived a little less than two weeks ago. I got home from work earlier, though, was throwing Kongs to my dog, and decided to swarp the solo around my backyard.

It sat for fifteen minutes, obtained four satellites, and was officially grounded by itself. My P2 Vision gets eight satellites in the exact same place, and the technology is nearly two years old.

I don't understand the technical stuff like most here do, but that's a big problem--a lack of satellites. The gimbal may be fantastic, but does that really matter if the solo can't be flown around houses, buildings, or trees?

Have noticed some alt hold issues yesterday for the first time. Yea guess it's time to step back and start making a decision they sure as $&/t better get this stuff fixed it's beyond their little money back now since everybody has invested well more than just the thousand bucks on solo. If these do end in returns it's likley to be the last shot most give 3dr since even after money back from them most will still have a grand or so into something they returned.

Hope they get it together I really hate to see this fail but guess wel see soon enough. Here's hoping they care enough to be reading through some of these boards. One thing that did turn me off a bit as well was the response to my support ticket basically saying fly in a better place but it's the place I've flown my p2 for a year nearly daily, I've seen others blamed for solos issues as well and that's kinda turned bothered me but otherwise I've been mostly happy.

3dr time to get your $h)t all together we've been a supportive forum but tides are slowly turning. Better release gimbal and update ASAP before solo ends up on folks back burner or worse back in your warehouses.

1. Video is rolling on tab/phone when full throttle (right stick), when hovering, its fine. 1/2 - full its glitchy and rolling, and terrible.
2. alt hold issues.

Ryan, mine is doing it left stick up too. Almost like it has a bad connection. As if the vibration is causing the issue. Wondering if the HDMI is wore out or something. But for whatever reason its bad and almost every flight now.

I watched your video. I think my Alt hold is worse. I can drop 100 feet in 8 seconds. I dont think it descends that fast if you wanted it to.

I don't understand the technical stuff like most here do, but that's a big problem--a lack of satellites. The gimbal may be fantastic, but does that really matter if the solo can't be flown around houses, buildings, or trees?

True statement. You are going to love the P3 ;)

I have a support request in for both Alt Hold and video rolling issues. I am not a happy camper at the moment :mad:

Reactions: Sarah B
I like the solo, and want it to be a success as much as anybody. But ... I put the P3 in the same spot where the solo only obtained four satellites, and the P3 had twelve satellites almost immediately--with houses and 100-foot-tall trees all over the place. It's difficult to believe DJI's technology is that difficult to replicate.

I've already talked myself out of getting a P3. I like my P2, but cant stand DJI. I'm holding out for my Solo. I may be the only one left on the forum a year from now........bandaids and tape all over my worn out Solo...
Right now it might as well be a P3 forum

I don't mean to be overly negative, it's just frustrating how things have worked out. Again, I'm rooting for the solo as much as anybody else.

geeze i come on here and realize more issues i have with solo. i had mentally blocked the rolling video which recently became an issue. How long can we support 3DR when they cannot deliver the basic GPS guided flight, barometric altitude, gimbal, and FPV over any decent range...

I don't mean to be overly negative, it's just frustrating how things have worked out. Again, I'm rooting for the solo as much as anybody else.
The only one that can be overly negative is Rich;)....he put up with probably more crap than anyone.....starting back in May. Gotta hand it to him, he's hanging in there.

I honestly have not had any issues, nothing I couldn't work out. I agree the GPS and radio is weak.
We're all just hanging around hoping the Solo fairy will fix everything.
I hope that some after market upgrades come out in the near future.

Chris did your rolling video get worse under full stick?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado