One week girls !! and boys.

Yea I have always assumed we would need an update. Hopefully their first version will be more than start/stop! Lol
Well, I hope it's not a disappointment. As much time as they are putting into it I think they want everything to be right.....especially after the problems they had with the Solo launch.

I'm also thinking down the road there will be some options for more powerful radios and GPS receiver.......wishful thinking?

maybe if we chant loud enough China will here us haha..

i'm not holding my breathe as I ordered mine from B&H when i ordered my solo on 4/21/15 and i just received my solo on July 7th.
that math's about right~

ordered mine 4/16 @ B&H got it June30th
1st GPS glitch crash july 4th:(

Reactions: TheeRod
I am dying to get my gimbal!

I also haven't seen any "real" GPS issues. The pilots are simply not ensuring there is a clear path back to "Return Home" so one needs to fly ABOVE obstacles and always ensure your return home path is unimpeded. I keep hearing about GPS "bugs" and flyaways but honestly all of the ones I see on youtube are pure pilot error/ignorance and I say that with complete respect as many of us (me included) are "noobs" to this drone piloting business.

I have had a few GPS drops and return homes, but I always anticipate it and plan for that when flying, and have not experienced any "bugs" nor needed to replace any propellers or anything (i know, i'm jinxing myself now) but I think this is the big difference between folks who are happy with their Solo and those who are not, is that you have to understand the technology to use it properly

The stock range issues with solo can be remedied for as little as $10 or $20 with new antennas or up to $130 (or more) for FPVLR antenna or similar. I bought one and will post results here

Yes, the range can be increased, but watch my video.. Its still awful, compared to the p3p.. I know this isnt a phantom board, yada yada, but its a fact if range is a consideration, the solo is not a great option. I have both, like ive always said, and i want solo to succeed as much as the next guy, but to go 2400 stock, 4200 DBS mod, and then go 7200 without losing video on my p3p sucks :(

Someone just posted on that other forum that they just got off the phone with 3DR, they were told gimbal will start shipping the end of this week or the first of next week.
We will see...

Reactions: prowler9
Yeah I do agree they shipped the Solo with crappy stock antennas. Its rather frustrating. But I disagree that it should be a reason to avoid consideration of the Solo for purchase (not everyone needs to film a mile away :) ).
Here is a video showing how effective a cheap antenna replacement can be (over 1 mile and apparently video didn't even cut out until the very furthest point)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Dunginhawk: Could you post a link to your video? I can't find it in this thread

Reactions: Raybro and prowler9
Someone just posted on that other forum that they just got off the phone with 3DR, they were told gimbal will start shipping the end of this week or the first of next week.
We will see...

Awesome!!!! thanks for the update, that is great news!

But I disagree that it should be a reason to avoid consideration of the Solo for purchase (not everyone needs to film a mile away :) ).

The range is the least of his issues (and mine). If it was 1/2 mile then it is what it is. We could live with that. Just all the other issues.

We will see...

I wonder if that means shipping from China or 3DR?

I wonder if that means shipping from China or 3DR?

My guess is like the Solo the gimbal will be drop shipped from China to individuals and a large supply to Best Buy. Then we go through another round of people furious with 3DR that theirs didn't ship while others are thrilled they walked into a BB and bought one.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
My guess is like the Solo the gimbal will be drop shipped from China to individuals and a large supply to Best Buy. Then we go through another round of people furious with 3DR that theirs didn't ship while others are thrilled they walked into a BB and bought one.
Ordered on May 6th direct. But I plan on watching BB for stock and pick it up if available before mine ships and cancel the direct.

New to the forums, but given that all indications are the FAA will include un-aided "View and Avoid" rules what good is a >2400' range

Reactions: GoodnNuff
New to the forums, but given that all indications are the FAA will include un-aided "View and Avoid" rules what good is a >2400' range

Well a lot to those that are not making it near 2400' now.

Not to mention I like the fact its more forgiving that the little antennas. I seem to be able to fly 1000' all around me.

I think the Amazing Race is will you-know-what-be in the mail on Friday. I am saying you-know-what because if I say the "G" word Rich's left eye starts to twitch. (ref. "The Pink Panther")..:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado