No RMA for Refund after 30 days... Still waiting on gimbal

W

Wahapainan

So I'm finally fed up and contacted 3DR for an RMA for refund.

I called 3DR and told them that I ordered from DSLR Pro's and I'm still waiting for the gimbal and extra battery however can't take the bad support any longer.

This is where it went 100% DJI......

After being placed on hold I was told that I'm outside of the 30 days and am not eligible for the refund. I quoted Vu Tran's e-mail stating otherwise...

30 Day MBG & the gimbal - Solo is great on it's own but mind blowing with the gimbal. We will extend the 30 day MBG to start when you receive your gimbal. Peace of mind!

-Vu Tran, Director of Support, 3DRobotics

which is posted on RC groups and he said that only applies to certain resellers and he wasn't sure if DSLR Pros is one of them.

I called BS and he told me that it was a courtesy extension of the warranty only. I directed him to look at the posting on RC Groups and he asked if that was like facebook... I remained calm and educated him and let him know this would be posted on the forums as many will be shocked at what he is saying. He then said he would have to take my number because it's a different department that will deal with this.

Just wow, I guess Vu Tran had no authority to make this statement? I'd prefer they e-mail the response but I know they won't.

So I'm finally fed up and contacted 3DR for an RMA for refund.

I called 3DR and told them that I ordered from DSLR Pro's and I'm still waiting for the gimbal and extra battery however can't take the bad support any longer.

This is where it went 100% DJI......

After being placed on hold I was told that I'm outside of the 30 days and am not eligible for the refund. I quoted Vu Tran's e-mail stating otherwise...

30 Day MBG & the gimbal - Solo is great on it's own but mind blowing with the gimbal. We will extend the 30 day MBG to start when you receive your gimbal. Peace of mind!

-Vu Tran, Director of Support, 3DRobotics

which is posted on RC groups and he said that only applies to certain resellers and he wasn't sure if DSLR Pros is one of them.

I called BS and he told me that it was a courtesy extension of the warranty only. I directed him to look at the posting on RC Groups and he asked if that was like facebook... I remained calm and educated him and let him know this would be posted on the forums as many will be shocked at what he is saying. He then said he would have to take my number because it's a different department that will deal with this.

Just wow, I guess Vu Tran had no authority to make this statement? I'd prefer they e-mail the response but I know they won't.

I wouldn't take anything he says legit. He contacted me needing my CVN # to reauthorize payment on my card for the gimbal. Once I sent it over to him he said I'd hear something back sunday or monday ( 08/23-08/24 ) the latest, the guy even gave me his # to text him. I've texted/emailed/called him with no response.

I know that B&H is a re-seller that is saying to buyers via "email", who ever pre-ordered the Gimbal with the Solo at the same time, will have the option to use the MBG option after Gimbal is received.

Don't know if anybody from B&H "Customers" have did it yet?

In any-case, Just wait for gimbal, then go for the MBG, They offered it to you right?, take them up on it.
Case closed.

I know that B&H is a re-seller that is saying to buyers via "email", who ever pre-ordered the Gimbal with the Solo at the same time, will have the option to use the MBG option after Gimbal is received.

Don't know if anybody from B&H "Customers" have did it yet?

In any-case, Just wait for gimbal, then go for the MBG, They offered it to you right?, take them up on it.
Case closed.
B & H says the 30 day return period does not begin until the Gimbal and everything else I ordered is shipped to me.

this is SHOCKING... i was told the exact same thing, except by 5 different people. Of course when i tried to say that on here I got flamed to beat hell for telling the truth. Now that its just not me, maybe it will be taken more seriously.

hope you get it resolved man. it sucks

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
B & H says the 30 day return period does not begin until the Gimbal and everything else I ordered is shipped to me.
Right.
They think that with the Gimbal, you can't resist? LoL, but that's what the deal is From 3dr & some resellers. It's really not a bad deal. Fly Solo for 5 months, then return it when gimbal comes?
Why is everybody so upset?

I hope for his sake that is the case... If he gets the gimbal, and then returns it, I hope it all goes smoothly for him. Did you discuss that with them michael?

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
I'm done, got my RMA from 3DR and waiting on DSLR Pros to tell me where to send it. Back to flying home built video platforms and my ZMR250 racer until another worthy machine comes out. Anyone in Las Vegas want a 3DR Solo battery for 100 bucks, barely used!

I hope for his sake that is the case... If he gets the gimbal, and then returns it, I hope it all goes smoothly for him. Did you discuss that with them michael?
As soon as my Gimbal and the rest of my order was received I returned everything with no problem. B & H has really great people working for them. I had a long talk with the B & H rep when I called in the return and he said the whole 3DR Solo was a complete debacle for them.

might want to change your signature
enjoy your DJI products
Updated, thanks for the reminder. I have an F550 w/Naza 2 which I can't complain about, it's been flying for nearing 2 years without a mishap. Any RTF from DJI is a customer nightmare just like any RTF from 3DR is. The APM on my Talon Tri however is fantastic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc