Still no gimbal?

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone else preordered a gimbal before solo's release and is still waiting for there gimbal? I preordered my solo, extra battery & gimbal on May 17th and still no gimbal. I finally got my free battery last week, solo and extra battery that I paid for in July but still no gimbal. I know places like Best Buy have it in stock but I'm trying to return everything using the 30 day money back guarantee. My credit card was charged back in August for this gimbal. I've been getting personally written emails from Ivan Lopez, Lorrianne Collins, Rosie Valarde, Vu Tran & a whole bunch of people telling me my gimbal has been or is shipping out now and a email will notify me of shipment but this has been going on for months now and I'm feeling jerked around. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm wondering if anyone else preordered a gimbal before solo's release and is still waiting for there gimbal? I preordered my solo, extra battery & gimbal on May 17th and still no gimbal. I finally got my free battery last week, solo and extra battery that I paid for in July but still no gimbal. I know places like Best Buy have it in stock but I'm trying to return everything using the 30 day money back guarantee. My credit card was charged back in August for this gimbal. I've been getting personally written emails from Ivan Lopez, Lorrianne Collins, Rosie Valarde, Vu Tran & a whole bunch of people telling me my gimbal has been or is shipping out now and a email will notify me of shipment but this has been going on for months now and I'm feeling jerked around. Anyone else experiencing this?
Hey 808,

I bought SOLO from Best Buy and took home that day. I had no idea what a gimbal was. When I started learning, I ordered my gimbal from 3DR directly. It took 6 weeks, but finally arrived. I too had no confirm email saying it shipped. Luckily, my credit card is set to notify me when the card is charged but not present. 5 days later, the gimbal arrives. I've ordered other items from 3DR and all came promptly. I've had good response from calling them direct thanks to advice from others here. Maybe you could try that?

Sucks to have the wait time you've experienced. Hopefully it will work out soon. Best of luck to you!!

808 if you can return your solo - get your money back just wait for the stores to stock up. Look at everyone's post about solo - seems like everyone is having issues with it. What kind of GoPro do you have because solo does not work with the hero3+ silver - and others with the hero 4 black are also having issues. Only a few people are having good experience with the solo. Seems like we are beta testing for 3DR and we spent good money on this Quadcopter. Maybe give it until 4th quarter of 2016. For now maybe research other alternatives. I'm not saying it doesn't have potential to be a great Quadcopter but looks like the camera gimbal and Quadcopter are not in sync.

808 - even if you get free batteries, extended landing gear, stickers, lanyard, and smartshot videos from 3dr just wait until they sort this thing out. when customers start sending loads of smart shots videos on YouTube that's when you know that people are using solo as advertised.

Reactions: 808roller
Hey 808,

I bought SOLO from Best Buy and took home that day. I had no idea what a gimbal was. When I started learning, I ordered my gimbal from 3DR directly. It took 6 weeks, but finally arrived. I too had no confirm email saying it shipped. Luckily, my credit card is set to notify me when the card is charged but not present. 5 days later, the gimbal arrives. I've ordered other items from 3DR and all came promptly. I've had good response from calling them direct thanks to advice from others here. Maybe you could try that?

Sucks to have the wait time you've experienced. Hopefully it will work out soon. Best of luck to you!![/QUOTE
808 if you can return your solo - get your money back just wait for the stores to stock up. Look at everyone's post about solo - seems like everyone is having issues with it. What kind of GoPro do you have because solo does not work with the hero3+ silver - and others with the hero 4 black are also having issues. Only a few people are having good experience with the solo. Seems like we are beta testing for 3DR and we spent good money on this Quadcopter. Maybe give it until 4th quarter of 2016. For now maybe research other alternatives. I'm not saying it doesn't have potential to be a great Quadcopter but looks like the camera gimbal and Quadcopter are not in sync.

I agree with you there, I have a hero 3 black but was planning on buying a hero 4 until I've read that even the newest GoPro don't work the way 3dr claims. I'm now considering a P3 pro. I was really believing that solo would be a better quad than anything out right now but we now know it's not. It's just better at somethings.

I sent my solo and gimbal back to 3DR - they sent me a new set (which was cool). Now it's just sitting in the closet because I don't have a compatible camera to use its full functionality as advertised. If I wanted a line of sight camera i can fly my other quads but this one is supposed to be an AP cam. I don't want to even open it up - very disappointed about this purchase.

808....Man I would be have gone postal by now. You should of had it long ago.
Chris, many of us are not having issues with Solo. In fact I can say I have not had an issue since getting it on June 25. I've been on this forum for a while and have seen the issues. Patience and a little understanding of the technology is the key and if you don't have that there is no quad out there for you.
Go get one of those white ones. There are zero issues with those and if you crash it they will send you a replacement no questions asked.....LOL :eek:

808 - even if you get free batteries, extended landing gear, stickers, lanyard, and smartshot videos from 3dr just wait until they sort this thing out. when customers start sending loads of smart shots videos on YouTube that's when you know that people are using solo as advertised.
There are plenty of awesome videos done with the Solo out there right now. Do you own a drone? Or have you ever flown one?
I tend to take less stock in what people say on the forum if they just joined or haven't posted but just a few times. Especially when they only have something negative to say. I tend to think of them as trolls, just out there cause trouble and get people upset.
I don't know of any U.S. drone manufacturer that has a unit out that even comes close to what the Solo offers in terms of reliability, function, support, and technology.
Technology is the key term here. When you are dealing with technology we are all beta testers. If you can't deal with being on the leading edge of it you probably don't need a drone.

808 - I'm glad there's a lot of experts in this forum that are quick to cut people down - but see if they can give you the complete setup of their functioning solo. If you have a hero 4 you might have the same experience as these patient tech savy genius experts but if you have a hero 3, 3+ silver, 3+ black maybe wait until they get their firmware updated or like some of these rich geniuses recommend just buy a $500 GoPro. That will fix the problem. Oh I'm sorry it's on sale for $499.99. If you already invested $999.99 for solo and $399.99 for the gimbal why not spend another $499.99.

808 - if you live in the 808 state find out if somebody in the island has a fully functioning solo and listen to them.

808 - I'm glad there's a lot of experts in this forum that are quick to cut people down - but see if they can give you the complete setup of their functioning solo. If you have a hero 4 you might have the same experience as these patient tech savy genius experts but if you have a hero 3, 3+ silver, 3+ black maybe wait until they get their firmware updated or like some of these rich geniuses recommend just buy a $500 GoPro. That will fix the problem. Oh I'm sorry it's on sale for $499.99. If you already invested $999.99 for solo and $399.99 for the gimbal why not spend another $499.99.

808 - if you live in the 808 state find out if somebody in the island has a fully functioning solo and listen to them.
Here's a good one Cris. How bout that!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great video - looks like it was shot with GoPro hero 3+ silver - I'm glad they finally fixed that firmware.

That looks like a great video just wish 3dr would give me my gimbal. Raybro as for me I'm not saying solo is a piece of junk I'm just not satisfied with some of its performance add the fact I've been waiting since May for my order, I'm over it!

That looks like a great video just wish 3dr would give me my gimbal. Raybro as for me I'm not saying solo is a piece of junk I'm just not satisfied with some of its performance add the fact I've been waiting since May for my order, I'm over it!
I would stay on them. That is ridiculous. I kept emailing them about my free battery and finally got it last week.

808 I'm trying to sell my GP hero 3+ silver to buy a hero 4 for the solo but no bites - if you live in Oahu let me know you can buy both my solo and gimbal plus two batteries for $1350 brand new never been setup. I also have extra items like lanyard, extended legs, stickers, battery, and propellers. I'll just give You the extra stuff as a 3dr bonus. Let me know because if I'm able to get a hero 4 before somebody buys it I will open the box up and give it a try.

So a little update. Over a week later and still no gimbal even though Lorrianne Collins emailed me that she rectified my situation. [EXPLETIVE REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator:
Let see if any 3dr employees are on this forum and willing to step in and help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M