Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

1. jbrunel

The first few times I used it I was getting a lock of at least 11 sats and an HDOP of .8 in less than 45 seconds Now it takes 2 minutes to get a lock with 8 sat HDOP of 1.8 in the exact same location and time of day. The main problem is now every time I take out I get a lost gps alert that lasts a few seconds. I replaced it with the rev b stock gps that is faster and has no problem keeping the lock. I sent a email last week for a rma and spoke to Chris from mRo who called me. I told him I wanted a refund and he said he would email me a rma which i'm still waiting for.I have since sent them 2 more emails for the rma with no response .
    Edit
    I just got my Rma

#1 jbrunel, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. andrew.baker.142

Are you trying to ask a question or just trash on mRo?
    I think the vast majority of folks flying the mRo M8N GPS have been extremely happy with it (including me). Sounds like you got a dud.
    How long has it been since Chris promised to mail you the rma?

3. jbrunel

Yes I believe I got one that went bad and I'm just stating facts to help others that might have similar issues

4. andrew.baker.142

Hope you get it resolved quickly. I have not had any reason to test mRo's customer service. They do seem to make good products

5. Eab210

yikes! i just ordered one!

6. jbrunel

I wouldn't worry about the one I have never a fly away or even a rth. For me it wasn't worth the $ for a gps that was no better than a 3dr rev b
    btw mine was a rev 1.0

7. hobo solo

Hmm I'm experiencing a similar issue. Used to boot up and lock quickly now it takes it time with a lower number of satellite. Anyone else experiencing this? The GPS has been in about a year.