New pilot , 3dr solo help and upgrades

Reaction score
I i recently got used a 3dr solo with no props or controller or charger and am waiting to see if there are better options for the unit then the oem parts . i have not even paired it to the app or even don'e anything but turned it on it turns to 4 green lights then to two red and two white... is there anything i should be aware of when buying a used 3dr that is not easy to point out thats wrong with it for a new user ..If anyone can point me in the direction to the best possible upgrades available for the unit it would be greatly appreciated or if you have spare parts or upgrades for sale ..

thanks

Welcome aboard Solo Air. We hope you have many pleasant flights......

You're going to need a controller if you haven't already acquired one. The Solo isn't one of the birds that operates only from a cell phone or tablet.

You'll want to get the bird calibrated and then test-fly each of your batteries in a safe location. Check that the bird responds to the sticks as expected.

Master Airscrew props are a fantastic upgrade.

Consider either a HERE mast-mounted GPS or an mRo drop-in replacement for the stock GPS.

You're gonna need to get the bird paired with a controller before you'll really be able to know anything.

And last, but not least, FACTORY RESET IS A NUCLEAR-OPTION LAST RESORT. They are not a panacea, and not to be engaged in unless you know what you are doing and what to expect.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy!

Welcome to Solo. This drone can be used just to fly for pleasure, deep dive learning or tinkering...I tinker. My 2 cents: Use the Solex app, upgrade the system to OpenSolo 4, drop in mRo GPS module, MAS props and buy the Solo battery tool for testing your batteries. You can use the Telemetry option in Solex to see the battery condition instead the Solo battery tool. I also use longer antennas on the controller like you would find on your WiFi router. The longer antennas seem to help some. The mRo GPS module definitely improves satellite acquisition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc