New Owner

Reaction score
I am new to the hobby. I have been an RC nerd having been a Ham Radio Operator for over 40 years I enjoy any new facet of radio and this is my latest foray into drones. I’ve read about issues/problems both with the Solo and the financial problems with the company. I bought a Solo on eBay and am awaiting its arrival do I hope to have first hand experience with issues or satisfaction with this new toy. Hope to get answers to what I expect may be many questions.
jack

I am new to the hobby. I have been an RC nerd having been a Ham Radio Operator for over 40 years I enjoy any new facet of radio and this is my latest foray into drones. I’ve read about issues/problems both with the Solo and the financial problems with the company. I bought a Solo on eBay and am awaiting its arrival do I hope to have first hand experience with issues or satisfaction with this new toy. Hope to get answers to what I expect may be many questions.
jack
Hey, welcome! Haven't been here in a while but I have to say, I bought my solo's when those financial problems hit (ie, got them dirt cheap) and I have to say, i love em. I really do think they are a great fun stable photography platform. So yeah, ask away with any questions you have and I'm sure you'll get some helpful answers.

¡Hola! Soy nuevo también. Soy de Chile Acabo de compró un solo. ¡Espero que den algunos consejos y recomendaciones!

¿Hay una nueva aplicación? ¿Qué aplicación debo descargar?

Thanks you all!

¡Hola! Soy nuevo también. Soy de Chile Acabo de compró un solo. ¡Espero que den algunos consejos y recomendaciones!

¿Hay una nueva aplicación? ¿Qué aplicación debo descargar?

Thanks you all!
It depends on what you're using, if it's Android, then you should use a program called "Solex". It's a fantastic app for controlling the 3DR solo, it's far far better than the 3DR app (which I don't think has been updated in a number of years). Honestly, Solex is just amazing.

jack
I also bought 7 3DR Solo's off Ebay and got 6 of them to function flawlessly - updated all 6 with Neo-M8N GPS - Now working on building standard Lipo battery packs with redesign battery shells to keep this drone in flight worthiness...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc