New guy needs help - Any way around for the Sony Rx0

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm new in this great forum and without any experience in drones.
I just bought a month ago the Sony Rx0 which I'm in love with, I use it very often in my YouTube channel and I'm blow away with the image quality of this small gem.
Now I want to add some drone shots to my videos and I would like to use my Rx0.
I know the Solo was made to use it with the GoPro 3 and 4 but I guess it has to be a way around to use it with my little marvel.
I'm open to all opinions and sugestions
Thanks in advance guys.
Cheers
Arturo

That's a shame, but even without the gimbal is no a way around to use the Rx0 with the Solo?
I really want all the tech behind the Solo

You can use the "fixed Mount" and you can record without live feed.

Put it in the camera mount that comes with the Solo. If it doesn't fit I've seen people use heavy duty velcro straps on their drones. Only problem with this is you'll probably have "jello" in your footage. If the Sony has image stabilization use it to lessen the jello.

Put it in the camera mount that comes with the Solo. If it doesn't fit I've seen people use heavy duty velcro straps on their drones. Only problem with this is you'll probably have "jello" in your footage. If the Sony has image stabilization use it to lessen the jello.

Thanks for your answer, the Sony doesn't have IS but has the standard camera tripod mount, would this work?

I used a panasonic lumix tz100 for my still images, made up a mount that uses the tripod thread, may be no good for video but might give you some ideas, see this post

Camera Mount - Lumix TZ110

Rob I really appreciate your help and ideas, your extension mount a legs are an incrediblle way around, it's a shame that for video wont work as good for stills.

Yo said that you connect the camera via the hdmi port, do you get the image on the app despite is not a GoPro?

Rob I really appreciate your help and ideas, your extension mount a legs are an incrediblle way around, it's a shame that for video wont work as good for stills.

Yo said that you connect the camera via the hdmi port, do you get the image on the app despite is not a GoPro?

I can cofirm I see live feed on the app with the lumix plugged into the hdmi cable. Haven’t tried video but i gether with no gimbal it would be very ordinary. I am primarly a still photography

Anything connected to the HDMI will FPV to the Solo app on screen- the other thing you need to be aware of is if the camera shuts down or goes to sleep because it lacks a handshake to keep it on- maybe switch in settings but some cheap GoPro clones will use the hdmi out but shut off after a time even if recording

Reactions: ReadyKilowatt
Providing it feed video out while connected .... I might add for those know it alls

My experiences with the dirt cheap 4K Cams that use XDV app - I have two - one for my left and one for my right foot- STOMP!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela