Camera Mount - Lumix TZ110

Reaction score
Website
www.robertpower.com.au
Thought I would share this with the group, I have Panasonic Lumix TZ110 which is a great camera with a 1 inch sensor. I like the my GoPro for video but wanted something with a bigger sensor for stills and the ability to shoot raw files.

Using the standard mount, I made a frame for the lumix, used a GoPro tripod mount on the top of my frame, the video feed works fine and I have the camera set on time-lapse to take a shoot every 30 seconds. It is not much heavier than the GoPro with gimbal attached.

Shooting time-lapse is not ideal but not sure if I can do any mods to operated the camera from the ground. Anyway, here are a couple of pics I took of the set up (with my Nikon D750) and 2 images shot from the air.

Just thought I would share, I know I need to do something about those leg extensions :)

3dr_lumix_mount.jpg

3dr_lumix_mount_1.jpg

powers_1med.jpg

powers_3med.jpg

Reactions: BonsaiGuy and yarrr
Nice! I've owned both Leica and Lumix cameras with Leica Lenses. My Nikon DSLR sits in it's case most of the time since I picked up a small Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5.

Great idea with the time lapse idea as well. I never thought of that before now.

This is SO great! Can you go into detail on how you got the camera to stay in place? What modifications did you do to the stock gimbal?

As a photographer, I'm more interested in still photos, so this is awesome!

This is SO great! Can you go into detail on how you got the camera to stay in place? What modifications did you do to the stock gimbal?

As a photographer, I'm more interested in still photos, so this is awesome!

No worries, I am a still photographer too, more my interest than video, my website is www.robertpower.com.au

I got a light aluminum frame made up for the camera, I filed out parts of it so I could access certain controls on the camera. I drilled a hole in the bottom in the center to mount the camera using the tripod mount hole. I then drilled a hole in the top and mounted a go pro tripod mount to my aluminum frame, this fits into the standard solo 3DR go pro mount. As both mounts have a nut on the end I had to remove one of the nuts. A couple of photos here, I hope this helps.

solo_3dr_lumix_mount_4.jpg

solo_3dr_lumix_mount_5.jpg

Could probably do a better job with the go pro mount but haven't had time and as long as you shoot with a decent shutter speed the results are great.

Reactions: BonsaiGuy
Excellent! Where did you get the aluminum frame? Did you just run a screw through the bottom and up into the tripod mount of the camera?

I actually rolled up ear plugs and inserted them into the middle of the dampers on the Gopro fixed mount. It seems to keep the camera from moving and getting into a certain harmonic motion. Photo's at 1/1250 are good but maybe 1/2000 could make images a bit better.

I actually rolled up ear plugs and inserted them into the middle of the dampers on the Gopro fixed mount. It seems to keep the camera from moving and getting into a certain harmonic motion. Photo's at 1/1250 are good but maybe 1/2000 could make images a bit better.
Good idea David, never thought of ear plugs as dampers.

An update, I have now added some nicer looking legs, camera is still working well, the windy weather and hot conditions here put a stop to any flying but hoping to get out again soon.

solo_3dr_lumix_mount_3.jpg
Nice set up @Robpower ! Where did you get the legs printed? They look extra long. (Does it fit in the 3DR Solo bag?)

Nice set up @Robpower ! Where did you get the legs printed? They look extra long. (Does it fit in the 3DR Solo bag?)

Hi Travelfox, the legs are nice and long (4mm extra clearance) but sadly don't fit in the bag, have to take them off (and I have broken a couple) A guy at work made them for me off a 3D printer file I found on the Internet. I have found a fold up version and he is now making me some fold up ones for me to try.

fold up legs 3DR Solo foldable leg extensions by AlpoHassinen

long legs (like in my image of my drone) Unofficial 3DR Solo Leg Extender by schwa (i think my mate changed the file to make them slightly longer.

Hope this helps, cheers, Rob

Reactions: Travelfox
Hi Travelfox, the legs are nice and long (4mm extra clearance) but sadly don't fit in the bag, have to take them off (and I have broken a couple) A guy at work made them for me off a 3D printer file I found on the Internet. I have found a fold up version and he is now making me some fold up ones for me to try.

long legs (like in my image of my drone) Unofficial 3DR Solo Leg Extender by schwa (i think my mate changed the file to make them slightly longer.

s

Thanks Rob! I've bought some of those foldable legs and they work great. I wish they were a lot stronger tho. They seem to be a little brittle. Maybe it depends on the material or filament or whatever it is they use. Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela