New GoPros coming...

I just purchased the 4 black... ugh

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

but H5 is more bigger than H4 i think wont fit on solo gimbal

I really doubt the ability to 100 feet underwater without a case and it really needs to the limit of recreational diving which is 130 if ture. Even 100 feet is 4atm which is a lot pressure. But we will see.

Well I would assume that scraps this gimbal of you want to use it. I would have hoped for a Hero 5 in same physical body and weight so it would fit and balance properly in the gimbal.

8k. Geez. I don't even like working with 4k.

Reactions: prowler9
I'm not sure who cares; to shoot in 4k is already a headache, so what they've double the frame rate to 60FPS. Shooting in 8k will be like placing your head in the guillotine then dropping the hammer on your own neck.

No doubt people will run out and get it, just to say they've got it or just to say; I shot this in 8k.... Great! I can't view it in 8k sooooooooooooooooo ....

Reactions: rrmccabe
It doesnt matter that its "8k or 4k" the fact that you can downscale that to 1080 and it looks infinitely better than native 1080. I record everything in 4k, because i have no problem working with it (beefy computer) and it looks best when downscaled.

Reactions: CirrusPilot
Best approach I found for working with 4KGoPro files is to to convert the files to Cineform. Cineform gets installed with GoPro Studio on the system. It is a great editing file format.

Best approach I found for working with 4KGoPro files is to to convert the files to Cineform. Cineform gets installed with GoPro Studio on the system. It is a great editing file format.
Are you saying to take all footage into Studio first and export to Cineform being going into your editing program?

i saw this video i think this guy well experience in video editing
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes. Transcoding the footage in Studio is faster than transcoding in Premiere CC, I tend to do some cutting in Studio on the timeline as well. This gives me a bump as I head to an editing timeline or into After Effects. As a rule I recommend going into After Effects 1st as it is color managed like Photoshop. Premiere still is not. I have used this technique for 3 years now.

I will try that. I don't do anytime drone related in AE as I don't do that level of editing. However I will try studio into Premiere CC.

What is the resolution of the human eye? At what point will an increase not be detectable? Also^ I am interested in selling aerial film. As in photography is there a video quality minimum for professionals? Dunginhawk^^ will you share the specs of your "beefy computer"? Editing video has so far been a barrier for me. I still have hours of video in 1080P that needs to edited. Maybe this should be a separate discussion for video editing.

i saw this video i think this guy well experience in video editing
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Good editing but bad piloting skills!

Well I would assume that scraps this gimbal of you want to use it. I would have hoped for a Hero 5 in same physical body and weight so it would fit and balance properly in the gimbal.

8k. Geez. I don't even like working with 4k.
Word inside GoPro is that the "Adapter Shell" will come with the GoPro 5 :)

Like I said.... 8K is coming... 4K is being built in to all the new TV's being engineered now, so you know that will be next thing (rather than 2.7 etc.) I don't output much in 4K right now, but work with it more and more internally as it just gives you more options.

Dealing with it is just a matter of processing power and disk space... New PC's!!

In just a couple years.... 1080 will be the new 480 :)

Last edited:
Word inside GoPro is that the "Adapter Shell" will come with the GoPro 5 :)

Like I said.... 8K is coming... 4K is being built in to all the new TV's being engineered now, so you know that will be next thing (rather than 2.7 etc.) I don't output much in 4K right now, but work with it more and more internally as it just gives you more options.

Dealing with it is just a matter of processing power and disk space... New PC's!!

In just a couple years.... 1080 will be the new 480 :)

Don't doubt that. But right now I dont want to think about 8K.

When I struggle with 4k on a top of the line i7, 16 gig, SSD, good video then that means 8k is not something I want to play with. LOL

Don't doubt that. But right now I dont want to think about 8K.

When I struggle with 4k on a top of the line i7, 16 gig, SSD, good video then that means 8k is not something I want to play with. LOL
You and me both! Similar system and I don't like working with 2.7k. Can't imagine trying to work with 8!

Reactions: rrmccabe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44