Need Help - Landing Gear Retract

Reaction score
I am about pulling my hair out (what little I have left) over getting this retractable landing gear set up with my Pixhawk. Using the HML 650 landing gear. Retracts perfectly with a servo tester, so it's not the landing gear. I have tried everything I can think of to get the landing gear to trigger from the Pixhawk to no avail. I've tried pass-through on channel 8. I've tried setting up channel 8 opt as "landing gear", but no luck. I tried using pass-through on Aux1 (ch9), nothing. I tried using the gimbal setup to trigger it, nada. I'm using an X8R receiver with my Taranis. Signal end points are around 1035 at the bottom and about 1950 at the top. This is my first setup of retractable legs, so I'm sure I just haven't tweaked a setting somewhere.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

On this forum, there are very few people with custom built UAS. And of them, even fewer will have built one with retracts. I suggest DIY Drones forum or discuss.ardupilot.com forum.

Max,
I have been successful doing this with a Pixhawk controlled Hex. I'll have to hulk her up to MP tonight to see how I managed to make it work. I'm pretty sure it was one of the solutions you listed above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Max,
I have been successful doing this with a Pixhawk controlled Hex. I'll have to hulk her up to MP tonight to see how I managed to make it work. I'm pretty sure it was one of the solutions you listed above.

I would greatly appreciate that. I switched out the X8R that I was using and replaced it with an X4R-SB. I did manage to get the gear to retract using simple pass-through setting on channel 9. But using pass-through won't let me set up a failsafe setting to automatically lower the gear when autolanding, such as with return-to-home. Would like to know how you have yours set up.

Max,
I used the X8R receiver and set channel 6 ( I think) for the gear. Not sure why you are having trouble.
Will a standard servo work if plugged into that port?

Reactions: vortex00
In Mission Planner on "extended tuning " page you can assign those channel 6, 7 and 8. I assume you tried to do it this way?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela