Solo hardware

I don't like to add weight, unless there is a genuine benefit to the weight I've added. For instance, I'd only add skids for the waterborne-landing foam.

When catching the solo, do you use the left stick to shut down the motors then ?

Thanks for answering my questions ! But I have one more
Do you find solo picky about it having a level landing surface? Also have you had solo flip after landing ?

Do you find solo picky about it having a level landing surface? Also have you had solo flip after landing ?
Gee, I feel like I am taking a survey...

I've never really chosen a terribly un-level surface to try to land on. I live in Florida - an ant hill is a mountain here.

Flip? - once - only through my own stupid fault, on my very first flight, when I pushed and leaned against the wrong stick or sticks. Personally, I find that most of Solo's problems are with the (uninformed and novice) operator not knowing how Solo is meant to perform or what actions relate to what consequences. I have had great luck with Solo - or is it luck??

Reactions: Jubalr
The only time my solo has flipped on landing is when using the automated landing. Since then I always just cancel any landing by hitting the fly button (like RTH) and land manually by holding the throttle stick down until legs are on the ground, then continuing to hold it all the way down until the motors shut off. They shut off after 2-3 seconds of throttle down, but solo isn't descending, which is how it knows it landed.

Reactions: SARDG
I always just cancel any landing by hitting the fly button (like RTH) and land manually by holding the throttle stick down until legs are on the ground, then continuing to hold it all the way down until the motors shut off...
<thumbsup> ditto.

This is one of many YouTubes where flotation was added to the DJI skids for water take off and landing. Of course, with Solo you can forget about waterborne take off, but water landing or even water crashing with flotation would be nice.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have hand launched a bunch of times (after turning Solo on on solid ground). How does this differ from a water launch in terms of motors arming and such?

Reactions: Joevip
Now here's a hand launch! Ardupilot throw mode:

Reactions: SARDG
I used to do that with my multiwii-based quads. Good (less expensive) times.

I have hand launched a bunch of times (after turning Solo on on solid ground). How does this differ from a water launch in terms of motors arming and such?
The problem people are having is the "arming" if Solo isn't on solid ground - not launching. You've hand launched after arming. Solo couldn't arm while floating. At least not for seemingly 99% of those who have tried.

Depends on several factors like what mode you are in. Here is an old video I did with early firmware.

Depends on several factors like what mode you are in. Here is an old video I did with early firmware.
Excellent video! Thanks so much for the illustrations answered all of my questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421