My solo gimbal delivery date from B&H

Reaction score
I recently got a email from b&h for delivery of my gimbal which was purchased on july 15 2015 here is the email:

Hello , my name is Moshe H:

Please be advised that the 3DR SOLO GIMBAL you have on backorder is estimated to arrive at our warehouse mid September. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information.

We apologize for the delay to your order and any inconvenience it has caused you.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Moshe H
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Customer Service Department

I'll believe it when i see it !

Reactions: ChrisZayas
I recently got a email from b&h for delivery of my gimbal which was purchased on july 15 2015 here is the email:

Please be advised that the 3DR SOLO GIMBAL you have on backorder is estimated to arrive at our warehouse mid September. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information.

We apologize for the delay to your order and any inconvenience it has caused you.

Moshe H

i just preordered mine a couple of weeks ago on Aug 17 from B&H...so I'm probably pretty close to the last one on the list...so who know when I'll get mine...at least you got an email..lol

Reactions: ChrisZayas
Currently, your order is scheduled to be shipped out on our first shipment. But in order for us to do that, this process must be complete.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us at [email protected] or (858) 225-1414.

Looking forward to finally getting your Solo and gimbal in the air!

Got that from 3DR last week. My card has been charged.

I chatted with B&H and received a 9/21 ship date to their warehouse. I ordered mine on 6/2 so it looks like early October. Bummer :(

I ordered Solo through BH and the gimbal from 3DR on 7/15. Gimbal being delivered tomorrow dropped shipped from China. Had a hunch 3dr would fill their order 1st.

Just did a live chat with B&H. Probably won't see my gimbal for awhile. I ordered on 6/19, so I'm probably in the second or third wave of backorders. :(

Nigel B: Hello Tracy. My name is Nigel B, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Tracy: ok
Nigel B: Please be advised that your backorder is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by mid-late September. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information.

I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.
Tracy: I think they will be available at retail stores long before then
Nigel B: This is the most up dated information I have available right now. It is possible they may ship sooner, but I have no way on confirming that.
Tracy: Ok. Am I free to return the solo back to you if I have an opportunity to get a complete solo / gimbal kit before you ship one?
Nigel B: Sure. If you wanted to cancel the order for the Gimbal, we can certainly take back the drone.
Tracy: Ok thanks for the info. Not ready to cancel yet. Just wanted to confirm my options.
Nigel B: No problem!

I wonder what the chances of my warranty motor pods and props coming in the same package thus a quicker delivery of the gimbal. Is everyone else gimbal package the same weight .60kg? It would really suck to finally get the gimbal but be short two motors.

upload_2015-8-23_10-31-44.png

I wonder what the chances of my warranty motor pods and props coming in the same package thus a quicker delivery of the gimbal. Is everyone else gimbal package the same weight .60kg? It would really suck to finally get the gimbal but be short two motors.

View attachment 856
So where is the best place to order gimbel from?
3dr? no
Best buy
B&H
Help?

I'm thinking 3DR as I ordered it 7/15/2015 and I'm getting it tomorrow which I believe is the 1st shipment from China. I've heard those that have bought from 3rd party long before me are still inline. Again it could be combined with my replacement motor pods but the order# is my gimbal.

I ordered my gimbal in late June directly from 3DR with the bird and I got a message early last week that I would be in the second wave. Supposedly shipping this coming week. I also ordered a spare battery which was supposed to ship Friday but I haven't seen any shipping confirmation yet.

I'm thinking 3DR as I ordered it 7/15/2015 and I'm getting it tomorrow which I believe is the 1st shipment from China. I've heard those that have bought from 3rd party long before me are still inline. Again it could be combined with my replacement motor pods but the order# is my gimbal.
Sorry but if you ordered 7/15, unless 3DR totally messed up, there is no chance you are getting a gimbal. 3DR always uses you original order number on replacement parts orders so they know how to bill those parts back to a specific claim. That shipment is your motor pods and perhaps a lanyard if you are lucky.

Sorry but if you ordered 7/15, unless 3DR totally messed up, there is no chance you are getting a gimbal. 3DR always uses you original order number on replacement parts orders so they know how to bill those parts back to a specific claim. That shipment is your motor pods and perhaps a lanyard if you are lucky.
Are you trying to burst my bubble? you did. This is also why I wanted to know the shipping weight of someone else gimbal. Nevertheless if they are only my motor pods I'm still happy. If it was DJI I'd be screwed. This order number was not for the solo as I ordered that through B&H. We will see tomorrow.

Reactions: prowler9
Ordered mine on 4-Jun-15. They called and emailed for my CVV # a week ago for the gimble but still no tracking #.

I've had my Solo for a couple weeks so far and love it. Installed and flew the new firmware yesterday, still no new Solo app on Android yet, but 3dr services updated.

Reactions: Burkeam
For those of you who purchased the Solo Package (Quad, Gimbal and Battery) through B&H, I would put pressure on them by filling out their survey they send out. B&H is supposed to be 3DR's premier retailer and they are consistently a month behind BB and others. I have always liked B&H, but how they have handled the delays has really tarnished their reputation. If I was B&H, I would have put a lot pressure on 3DR as a supplier, for at least an allotment of the first shipments of the gimbal.

I agree 3DR shoulders 99% of this problem, but if I would not have hounded B&H every step of the way, I would still be waiting for the Solo (had to specifically ask for first the bird and then the battery to be shipped separately).

PS
No wonder the gimbal is late, 3DR cannot even use the word premiere correctly, or maybe the first performance of this play is a comedy, and the joke is on me. This is coming from someone who is horrid at grammar.

"Solo will be available in over 2,000 retail locations worldwide starting in May in the U.S., and in June and July globally. In the U.S., Solo will launch at Best Buy, B&H, Samy’s Camera, Fry’s, Sport Chalet and many other premiere camera and electronics retailers".

Thanks for the advice. I just contacted them again about my spare battery and they said "So sorry. We'll expedite it right away". Should have my battery in a few days. I just assumed that they would not ship it until the gimbal shipped.

I agree 3DR shoulders 99% of this problem, but if I would not have hounded B&H every step of the way, I would still be waiting for the Solo (had to specifically ask for first the bird and then the battery to be shipped separately).

Tracy,

I am glad it worked out for you with B&H. Sorry for the prior rant. In the end I will stick with the Solo even though it has been a painful experience. 3DR is a fledgling company (been there) and I understand the challenges of getting designs out the door and manufacturing lines up. I am still rooting for them even though at times I struggle with it.

Cheers

Reactions: Tracy

Moshe H

I ordered my Solo, extra Battery, set of props and gimbal on 4-29 from B&H and have yet to see my additional battery and an email for the Gimbal delivery date…. getting a little frustrated by not knowing…. also waiting on my motor pod RMA order from 3dr it was backordered for 3 weeks called this week and they put it on expedited shipping but i HAD to call

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44