My first urban exploration with the Solo - Video

This was filmed on 2 Solos with a friend who also owns the Solo, in fact this was his first flight with the gimbal, this was filmed in around an hour, edited over 2 evenings. It's a fairly dangerous site, so we avoided any internal shots, but I may go back looking for some safe enough to shoot and then add those to the edit.

One GoPro is stock fisheye lens (corrected in post), the other a 4.35mm. I think they match together fairly well, but judge for yourself.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome work man!

Reactions: Ian [P13]
that carefully controlled move at :46 had me peeing myself.
Nice control and beauuutiful video!

Here is an extended 2K edit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice, but one piece of criticism from someone who doesn't know a lick about film production or editing, but does know a good movie when he sees it.
I liked the shots where you took out a couple frames to give the shot that jump forward in time look. I don't think the jump was enough in the beginning. I thought the video was skipping the first couple times until I could see it was on purpose. I'd take out a few more frames to make the transition through time more effective. The last couple jumps where more effective because there were longer gaps.
Just my opinion.

Fair enough, I know what you're getting at, that entrance bugs a few people, but I've thought about alternatives, but decided to stick with it. It's one of those things where there's no right or wrong, but I can see why it bugs people too.

Ian, Great Video! and Great flying, I just asked to join the facebook Solo Mods group as well and see you're one of the admins. I look forward to joining the group.

Roy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44