Team Black Sheep 900kv motors (160 includes prop adapters)
With Richs gimbal isolation mod, stock cables
I have some APC slow flyer props but I see no real difference using them versus stock props

But since Relish sent me a free replacement ribbon, I am going to put that back in one more time and try Steves foam block mod

I have some APC slow flyer props but I see no real difference using them versus stock props

But since Relish sent me a free replacement ribbon, I am going to put that back in one more time and try Steves foam block mod
Thanks. That foam under the connectors trick really worked for me (also using a Relish flat cable)

. . . AND I'm using Rich's gimbal isolation mod. REALLY helps a lot.

That happens with some batteries when the plastic at the end of the tray doesn't line up quite right. The tolererance is pretty tight. You can fix that with a very light sanding with finer grit sandpaper where the 2 pieces of plastic come together at the end of the battery tray that the battery has to clear to slide over when inserting/removing.

Wow, that simple. Thank u thank u Steve. Indeed that solved it.

Reactions: PdxSteve
Just want to offer an update on this motor upgrade. I've got about 40+ hours on these motors and continue to be pleased in how they are performing. Actually now, the motors are my least concern for pre-flight consideration. Its nice to have such confidence in the equipment.

Again thanks to @RolandS888 for sharing his experience and testing results so we could have more options.

its crazy how much cooler they run.
getting ready to order a second set of the TBS ones. so far that is the best deal I have found

Overcast today, so I had time to fulfill a request about reaming the APC props to fit the T-Motor Prop Adapters.

Reaming the prop is to allow the prop to sit onto the PA flange. I had confirmed with APC that this would be a correct method for seating the prop and that it wouldn't cause any structurally issues to the prop by enlarging the hole.

The key to reaming is to let the tool do the work, meaning don't force the reamer into making the hole. Otherwise you can create an angled hole. Just requires slight pressure to make the cutting action. fwiw, I apply the reamer by hand, I know others have suggested a power tool, but the material is to soft (compared to steel) and once out of alignment there is no correcting.

The application of CA is to hold the nut to the prop, just a drop is all that is needed. I glued at two points between the nut and the prop, this gluing is done with the prop mounted to the PA until cured... Don't glue the nut to the PA...;)

Prop Reaming Video

T-Motor
MT2216-12 800kV Motors
PA029 & PA030 Prop Adapters
APC Props
10045MR(ST) & 10045MRP(ST)

Tools needed:

Metric Reamer - Great Planes - Tower Hobbies
LXEGH6 Precision Prop Reamer Metric
Hole Sizes: 7mm, 8mm, 10mm

CA Adhesive, for bonding the nut to the prop

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Overcast today, so I had time to fulfill a request about reaming the APC props to fit the T-Motor Prop Adapters.

Reaming the prop is to allow the prop to sit onto the PA flange. I had confirmed with APC that this would be a correct method for seating the prop and that it wouldn't cause any structurally issues to the prop by enlarging the hole.

The key to reaming is to let the tool do the work, meaning don't force the reamer into making the hole. Otherwise you can create an angled hole. Just requires slight pressure to make the cutting action. fwiw, I apply the reamer by hand, I know others have suggested a power tool, but the material is to soft (compared to steel) and once out of alignment there is no correcting.

The application of CA is to hold the nut to the prop, just a drop is all that is needed. I glued at two points between the nut and the prop, this gluing is done with the prop mounted to the PA until cured... Don't glue the nut to the PA...;)

Prop Reaming Video

T-Motor
MT2216-12 800kV Motors
APC Props

Tools needed:

Great info video @RichWest.

Still no problems DG. They have lots of hours in the air now and have not degraded at all. No noises, no vibes, just up and go and have never missed a beat.
I have followed your posts from page 1 and am terribly impressed with the rigor with which you have carried out your testing, reporting, and perhaps more importantly, your educational insights. I have only one question. When installing the PA029 and PA030's on the T-MOTORS, do you use anything like Loctite?

Prop Reaming Video

T-Motor
MT2216-12 800kV Motors
APC Props

Tools needed:

Got the motors and props, now just need to be home long enough to make the switch!

Reactions: RichWest
Fantastic, thoroughly conducted , informative and an article of relevance! I can only say THANK YOU! Btw, where can one get hold of the above mentioned motors and props?

When installing the PA029 and PA030's on the T-MOTORS, do you use anything like Loctite?
If I may offer a reply, I use a removable thread locker for my PA mounting screws. I actually used a pre-apply material that dries - VC-3 from McMaster-Carr. The interface with the motor to PA's are fairly tight, so little to no issues of the screws backing out, but better safe than sorry.

What will it be like to put 2000 kv motors out of the racing drones? just curious
You'd get no where really fast...I'd imagine you'd get no lift as you have speed but very little torque from the KV size and I think Solo's weight would be the issue....

I just tried out the APC 1145 and my motors were squealing. At a 6' hover I was drawing close to 20A. Not flying these anymore. Stuck on my APC 1045 and pulling about 17A in same hover and no motor squeal.

Past the motor noise, the 1145's were quiet props....;) I've got three pair....:O

T-Motors MT2216-12 800kv

Reactions: Solo Keith
yeah I like the apc 10s
motors nice and warm

Man I am really struggling with my DIY
its an X8 that is on a new frame and CC 35s escs.
Just pulled the trigger on 8 T-motor N3510 630kv motors
getfpv has them on sale for 36 bucks compared to the almost 80 normal price.
but now trying to find the right props is killing me
I think I am going to settle on 1555 Tarots

yeah I like the apc 10s
motors nice and warm

Man I am really struggling with my DIY
its an X8 that is on a new frame and CC 35s escs.
Just pulled the trigger on 8 T-motor N3510 630kv motors
getfpv has them on sale for 36 bucks compared to the almost 80 normal price.
but now trying to find the right props is killing me
I think I am going to settle on 1555 Tarots
I use this tool when setting my multirotors up eCalc - the most reliable RC Calculator on the Web

I just tried out the APC 1145 and my motors were squealing. At a 6' hover I was drawing close to 20A. Not flying these anymore. Stuck on my APC 1045 and pulling about 17A in same hover and no motor squeal.

Past the motor noise, the 1145's were quiet props....;) I've got three pair....:O

T-Motors MT2216-12 800kv

Interesting I tried mine this evening. Motors very hot after about 8 minutes in hot, humid air at 600' ASL. think I will save them for mountain flying in thin cool air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela