Mission planner setup help

Reaction score
I have looked and looked and cannot find anything that breaks down and explains the process of setting up mission planner specifically to be used with 3dr Solo. I have found bits and pieces. I would love if someone could point me to or do a complete tutorial from software install to take off. From what I have found I think I'm following along fine but now I'm at a major road block. I'm doing the initial set up of mission planner after installing it on my PC. I'm at the point of connecting the auto pilot. Is the only way to do this, require removing the circuit board to access Pixhawk? I know there is the tower app that would do most of what I want to do, but I am using an Ipad mini. Thanks in advance for any help.

Josh

Thanks, but not what im looking for. During the initial set up it instructs you to connect your auto pilot to the computer. (Actually plugging it in via usb cable.) Not just connecting solo to the software.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Do you use MP? Maybe im missing something.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yes I use Mission Planner and tower
all you have to do is make sure your PC is on the solo link wifi network
launch mission planner
choose UDP as connection method and hit connect

Reactions: 99203jack
Yes I use Mission Planner and tower
all you have to do is make sure your PC is on the solo link wifi network
launch mission planner
choose UDP as connection method and hit connect

Couple things
do you have to have the motors, GPS & the drone pwr on to connect to MP?
Does it matter what com to use?
I have tried in all different configurations and it just stay stuck in the waiting connecting DUP and goes no further.

I have the whole drone disassembled and setting on my bench, it's all hooked up like it would be in the drone

The Pixhawk needs to be powered along with the WiFi card if using wireless. Remember you need to connect to the controller to generate the Solo WiFi network.
If you have the copter taken apart, you can plug a USB cable directly to the Pixhawk.

The Pixhawk needs to be powered along with the WiFi card if using wireless. Remember you need to connect to the controller to generate the Solo WiFi network.
If you have the copter taken apart, you can plug a USB cable directly to the Pixhawk.

Great thank you, I will try that tonight
I will update after the attemp, maybe if someone else out there is dealing with the same issue

My setup screen Just sits there with the dialogue box trying to connect to (Mavlink)
Setup MP
IMG_2786.JPG

I followed these instructions
====================================
· Install Mission Planner on your computer.
· Turn on your Solo and controller.
· Open Mission Planner and select CONFIG/TUNING from the upper menu icons, locate and verify that Advance View check box is enabled.
· Connect your computer to sololink wifi.
· Go to Mission Planner and select UDP on the left window on the top-right corner.
· Select the CONNECT icon.
· When prompted verify Listern Port value at 14550 and press OK.
· Wait for communication of MAVLink to finish.
· On the top menu on Mission Planner select CONFIG/TUNING.
· On the following list select Full Parameters List.
· Select the Find button from the green buttons located on the right side of the screen and enter SYSID.
· From the list, select SYSID_SW_MREV, normal value should be 120, double click on it and change it to 0.
· Locate the Write Parameters button from the green buttons on the right side of the screen and select it.
· Disconnect Mission Planner from Sololink wifi selecting the CONNECT button on the top-right side of the screen.
· Power cycle Solo(disconnect and reconnect the battery).
· Perform Level and Compass calibrations.

Reactions: Thomannjf
I bet I know what your problem is.
You need to go into Windows control panel and allow Port 14550. On some computers windows blocks that port for security reasons until you allow it. I had the same problem.

I bet I know what your problem is.
You need to go into Windows control panel and allow Port 14550. On some computers windows blocks that port for security reasons until you allow it. I had the same problem.

Thank you, I will try that in a bit and let you know

Thank you, I will try that in a bit and let you know

Tha did not work, but there is a good chance I set the computer wrong, there were several task that I didn't quite understand how to mark when setting the port restrictions.

I am getting a very large high pitched noise when I plug the USB to the pixhawk & pwr up

FWIW, I opened the correct port (14550), and it still wouldn't work until I turned off my firewall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo