Mission Planner Batt Monitor / Compass settings needed

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I messed these settings up somehow on my solo. 1st I had a landing mistake and my drone did a 180 off my " landing pad" aka wood board in the yard that was slightly elevated to be level.. nothing bad by any means.. so I thought. next day I was getting the dreaded magnetic interference all the time on the controller.. so I did the solo app calibrate .. both level and compass .. still didn't work.. I went in the middle of my yard and did it with no cell phone on me or anything that could interfere.. still nothing .. this point I'm thinking I messed up something internal .. so I loaded MP up and went to compass and clicked on this that and tried it all. I changed so many things I should of wrote down the STOCK settings before I messed with it. I know there are 2 compasses .. on internal one external in the leg.. now what's what.. internal #1 or #2 or visa versa.. and the external one.. what do you pick on the pull down option? roll , pitch , yaw? as you know there's a lot of settings.. so if anyone can help me with the compass info that would be awesome..

The next issue is I tried to go through the "wizard" to setup the basic parameters on the drone. I made it through the compass, leveling it out and so on.. then it got to the battery section and I thought I picked the right settings.. nope.. now I have no battery reading on the controller or on the MP app.. so I would also need all the info for the battery monitor..

Yes I tried a factory reset.. I guess it does not reset these parameters.. or does it and when I connect to MP its changing them back again ? anyway lesson learned.. I need to slow down and read more.. I tried searching the internet and forums high and low for this info.. with no luck.. even pausing some you tube videos to see if I can catch a glance of the proper settings on this drone..

thanks !

Change parameter SYSID_SW_MREV to zero and reboot. That will reset the pixhawk to solo defaults. The factor reset procedure on the solo does not do this.

Thanks guys will do that soon as I get home from work.. so I the last thing would be the correct settings for the batt monitor.. breify I messed with it last night and I was getting a crazy amp reading so disabled both battery monitors until I get the right info .. mission planner is a fantastic program .. but wow it's dangerous if your not carful and educated with all this .. I have a lot of reading to do !

Change parameter SYSID_SW_MREV to zero and reboot. That will reset the pixhawk to solo defaults. The factor reset procedure on the solo does not do this.

Will this reset the battery monitor also? I read this to quick b4 and thought it was just to reset the compass settings .. if it does disrguard my last post ! Thanks again guys much appreciated!

Yes. It will reset all the Pixhawk's parameters to the 3DR Solo Branch defaults. Compass, battery, everything.

Reactions: speatuk
Yes. It will reset all the Pixhawk's parameters to the 3DR Solo Branch defaults. Compass, battery, everything.

I've saved that (tool a screen print)

Peddles, your right Tower is ace.

Just tried my first full autonomous flight.
Omg, I'm well chuffed.

It's ace.

Keep flying safe everyone:)

Ya it's pretty cool. I remember the first time I sent my first home built drone off on an auto mission. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen!

Reactions: speatuk and carpy
Ya it's pretty cool. I remember the first time I sent my first home built drone off on an auto mission. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen!

Yeah I set the mission up.

Funny everything is much smaller on the map.
She flew off and amazingly came back. Lol.
It's sooooo cool.
Anyway, why have I waited so long to do this?

I'm like a big kid again.

5 batteries and 2 hours of autonomous flying.

(That's including mapping the mission)

It's the coolest thing ever.

:)

Hi there...first of all THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge on this forum.

I cannot find the parameter listed you noted above on MP.

I see they are alphabetically organised.

Its there do a search, make sure you are in the advanced parameters screen
I did find it, I could not however get the parameter to stay at 0... I ended up using Tower, went through the calibration and compass calibration...still had a minor mishap/rough landing... it had a lot of GPS drift and got a little squirrely

Thank you !

No worries, I clicked Write Parameters, also saw Load File and Save File as choices, but those look like they are for different purposes.

Tower worked for me when I clicked Upload.

Save will save the parameters to a text file on your PC. Load will load a saved parameters file from your PC.

Ok, then for MP I needed to Save once I set the Parameter (in this case to 0) then Load, then reboot Solo?

Thanks again for your help and patience!

I think I figured out what I did wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig