Merry T-Motor!

Reaction score
THANK YOU @RichWest for this beautiful T-Motor build. The skill you put into this is just sick. And they run sooo.......nice. It's a night & day difference. I'll be installing your gimbal ball invention tomorrow. And thanks for ALL your help here @3DRPILOTS.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
I can't wipe this weird smile off my face. Solo is a totally different beast now. And She is much more sexy now too :)

Reactions: Benzo
Glad they arrived safe and sound. Hopefully they'll provide you with the same experience that I've had with my upgraded motors. They do sound amazing, just like they should...

Again, a big thanks goes out to @RolandS888 for his guidance on the upgraded T-Motors selection. If not for his efforts and experience most of us would still be arguing about bearings and how often to oil or replace.... You da'man.

THANK YOU @RichWest for this beautiful T-Motor build. The skill you put into this is just sick. And they run sooo.......nice. It's a night & day difference. I'll be installing your gimbal ball invention tomorrow. And thanks for ALL your help here @3DRPILOTS.
hello can you visualise how to identify the a b c on tmotors wire due of all black colors becoz im planning to buy too, thanks

@pyrate made a diagram in the motor swap thread...it correctly orients to CW or CCW. The main thing is to mark your wires as 1 - 2 - 3 about 2-3" out from the motor, I drew dots with a silver sharpie onto each wire.

Reactions: Solo Keith
that diagram is on the original thread, I found it helpful

Hey guys I tried hot glue to keep the pods together after removing the little plastic posts thath held the other ones together.
Is there a stronger glue that will not kill a PCB

Reactions: FJRPilot

Hey guys I tried hot glue to keep the pods together after removing the little plastic posts thath held the other ones together.
I used regular modeler's super glue, medium viscosity and a quick shot of accelerator. Just did my 2nd set of 4 pods for the new solo I just received on the BB deal.

Reactions: Solo Keith
It would be helpful if there is a digram to follow honestly im not expert in rc thing im worried if i had a mistake to swap instead of thrusting up it could going down hahaha

It would be helpful if there is a digram to follow honestly im not expert in rc thing im worried if i had a mistake to swap instead of thrusting up it could going down hahaha

Read Roland's T-Motor swap post. And then when your done read it again if you need to.

There is also plenty of pictures if your not into reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I tried hot glue to keep the pods together after removing the little plastic posts that held the other ones together.
I actually re-pressed the original plastic tabs on Keith's build, as I used heat to release the tabs when disassembling. Reversing that process by heating the tabs with a hot air solder wand, used an 1/8" metal rod end and pressed them down to the board. I was amazed at how well it turned out, the pod's are tight. Wish he would have taken a picture of that aspect...hint-hint...

But sure, what did others do to re-assemble their pods? Jub's CA method seems ideal if your method was to cut off the tabs. I need to get some CA accelerator....

I used regular modeler's super glue, medium viscosity and a quick shot of accelerator. Just did my 2nd set of 4 pods for the new solo I just received on the BB deal.
There are a number of 2-part epoxies that would probably work well too.:)
Here's one with a self-mixing tube:
image.jpeg

I actually re-pressed the original plastic tabs on Keith's build, as I used heat to release the tabs when disassembling. Reversing that process by heating the tabs with a hot air solder wand, used an 1/8" metal rod end and pressed them down to the board. I was amazed at how well it turned out, the pod's are tight. Wish he would have taken a picture of that aspect...hint-hint...

But sure, what did others do to re-assemble their pods? Jub's CA method seems ideal if your method was to cut off the tabs. I need to get some CA accelerator....
I made an ABS (plastic) paste using ABS plastic from my 3d printer and a little acetone. The acetone dissolves the ABS and makes a paste after awhile. Just use it like glue and apply a little dab with a toothpick. It hardens and bonds just as well to the original plastic, which I believe is also ABS. Not for everyone, but if you happen to have a 3d printer around it works great.

Epoxy won't damage the PCB. A lot of PCB's are actually coated with epoxy. Just don't get it on any actual components as it *could* lift the part when setting, and seeing as how they used leadless solder which isn't very strong, I'd definately steer clear of getting it on a component. On the surface of the board... shouldn't be a problem. Epoxy is also non-conductive.

I made an ABS (plastic) paste using ABS plastic from my 3d printer and a little acetone. The acetone dissolves the ABS and makes a paste after awhile. Just use it like glue and apply a little dab with a toothpick. It hardens and bonds just as well to the original plastic, which I believe is also ABS. Not for everyone, but if you happen to have a 3d printer around it works great.
Interesting idea, I will give it a try....

I got acetone, just need some ABS to play with...hmmm...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks