So I'm building a project ship...

Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I haven't posted much but have greatly appreciated everyones' time and effort they have put into sharing their information and knowledge with everyone else on here.

So I let a friend stay in my shop where my solo was sitting ready to go on the workbench. He had flown a bunch of RC stuff in the past and thought he could figure it out. It didn't go so well. He crashed it into the side of a metal building rather quickly in the middle of the night, but at least no-one got hurt. Fortunately enough, he's replacing everything plus. I also have another brand new solo sitting here with no mods, yet.

So Ive been flying solos since for a year or two now, and have had a lot of luck with them for the most part. I am now building a project ship and when it's all done should have most everything I can think of at the moment with 900kv T-motors etc. with a variety of props to try out and see how everything works. Doing all the GPS and wifi mods, and will post about it all as it comes along over the next week or so with build pics etc.

Had a question about weather you guys thought that just using epoxy this shell would be sturdy enough rather than spending the money on another shell. If I fix this one Im just going to paint it once fixed and move on along. I think it should be fine but wanted to get someone else's opinion.

The crash also caused the Aux Ribbon to be pulled off the main board, looks like too much of a pain in the ass to fix, but it's still likely useable for lighting/whatever if I hard wire it later, if needed does anyone think?

Also, other than motors, props, Wifi upgrades from Mapir, the MRO gps mod and new shield, what else am I missing, short of retracts?

I have a ton of footage I haven't gone through or put into anything ready to post, but heres something from a little while ago. I'll get some other stuff up one of these days soon, and let you all know how the mods go~

Thanks!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• IMG_6261.JPG
    IMG_6261.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6262.JPG
    IMG_6262.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6263.JPG
    IMG_6263.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
I have not needed to conduct any repairs myself, but be aware the body is made of ABS. Any adhesive that works with ABS will work with the Solo body. ABS also does not like Loctite.
If you use epoxy, you will need some sort of material to strengthen the joint (fiberglass, fabric, etc).

1. Didn't know if you guys could help me out I downloaded solex app and everytime I get ready to do record then the screen goes black it's always when it goes to the second part if it's already recording then I pushed stopped recording and I cannot get follow me or any of that stuff to work and all so I went to solo I have downloaded it and I could record in the video stay good and they tell me what's going on stuff still working for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986