Looking for help with the Tower app

I would like to have tower display in MPH rather than meters per second!!

Anyone know if that possible? I know you can change it to imperial but it is still in m/s

Try Menu. The three striped lines on the upper left hand of the screen. Settings, User Interface, Unit System

I downloaded Mission Planner and I am looking it over. Quite involved.
I was wondering about Tower. I put it on the android with the Solo app. When you are using Tower you won't be using the Solo app I suppose?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have done this, however it still reports my speed as meters per second rather than miles per hour.

I have done this, however it still reports my speed as meters per second rather than miles per hour.

Not sure what to tell you about it. Maybe rebooting your tablet. I've been dealing with DJI and the Pilot App for what seems to be like an eternity and I was spoiled at how simple the Solo App is, compared to Pilot and or Tower.

Not sure what to tell you about it. Maybe rebooting your tablet. I've been dealing with DJI and the Pilot App for what seems to be like an eternity and I was spoiled at how simple the Solo App is, compared to Pilot and or Tower.

Please, please don't compare the solo app to the Tower app.
It's like comparing the earth to the moon..
It's round...
That's were it ends, it may be made up of the same components but completely more complex.

The Solo App is a very simple app and it's functionality is limited to the solo.
Tower is a lightweight version of Mission Planner and is capable of many things to numerous to talk about here.

As for the issue with imperial to metric or vs versa I know raw data is always metric and I don't know if the app is capable of changing that yet, ,
If it is, please let me know as I didn't have any luck in doing so , I couldn't get it to change on my solo app. .
Again the solo controller screen is setup in metric also so if you can't change the solo TX screen I wouldn't bother changing from metric to imperial for the simple reason of making mistakes..

Wasn't it a few years ago one of the missions to Mars failed because one person inputted metric data and another imperial data and the lander opened its parachute at ground level or something along that line?

Mistakes can happen if you're trying to read two differant measurements and keep them clear in your head. ..
Ask the boys at JPL...
What I'm trying to say is, , unless the Solo TX can be changed from metric to imperial I personally would not change the app, ,
Just asking for troube .. but that's me. .

Just flew my first Solo tower mission and it was successful. Just a short out and back with a landing waypoint. It executed as advertised. I had loaded it into the Solo last night.
Went out this evening, got everything ready. Connected with Tower and downloaded, armed, hit auto ( I think it was aut) and it took off to the waypoints then came back to the landing waypoint and started to land. I hit pause and landed it myself. Perfect. I'm still not sure what Dronie is. Don't know if I want to try it. When you select it, it says be sure you are standing back......

Yea me too Ray.

But I went for broke. 2000' away on the first leg, couple ROIs and about 1.2 miles total.

Tower app crashed on me a couple times actually but after the mission was uploaded to the bird. First time before take off and then again when it was on its decent leg back to the front yard. Would be nice to have a FPV window in Tower without switching apps.

And ROI is outstanding. Wow !

Reactions: Raybro
Yes. Wondering about the HDMI port on the controller and my Black Pearl monitor.

I'll pick up a mini HDMI to HDMI cable tomorrow and see what I get on my monitor. It should be streaming video without the Solo app running.

Last edited:
I would like to have tower display in MPH rather than meters per second!!

Anyone know if that possible? I know you can change it to imperial but it is still in m/s
Go into Tower settings, user Interface, under Localization choose between Imperial setting or Metric.

Yea that should work. I just ran again about had issues.I tried to change speed on the waypoints but either there is a bug or I dont understand speed.

Because the ones I changed the speed on are gone. My mission goes from waypoint 1 to waypoint 5 and 2 to 4 are missing.

It raised to first elevation at 66' and then took off towards trees the wrong direction before going to 200' at waypoint 2. Digging into it now.

Pause works great :)

Yea me too Ray.

But I went for broke. 2000' away on the first leg, couple ROIs and about 1.2 miles total.

Tower app crashed on me a couple times actually but after the mission was uploaded to the bird. First time before take off and then again when it was on its decent leg back to the front yard. Would be nice to have a FPV window in Tower without switching apps.

And ROI is outstanding. Wow !
ROI was always a big complaint with Ground Station because it didn't have it.
As I understand it you place an ROI at a point between 2 waypoints and the copter stays pointed at the ROI as it travels between the 2.

Yea that should work. I just ran again about had issues.I tried to change speed on the waypoints but either there is a bug or I dont understand speed.

Because the ones I changed the speed on are gone. My mission goes from waypoint 1 to waypoint 5 and 2 to 4 are missing.

It raised to first elevation at 66' and then took off towards trees the wrong direction before going to 200' at waypoint 2. Digging into it now.

Pause works great :)
Yes! Pause kept me from hitting the house yesterday! LOL

Just flew my first Solo tower mission and it was successful. Just a short out and back with a landing waypoint. It executed as advertised. I had loaded it into the Solo last night.
Went out this evening, got everything ready. Connected with Tower and downloaded, armed, hit auto ( I think it was aut) and it took off to the waypoints then came back to the landing waypoint and started to land. I hit pause and landed it myself. Perfect. I'm still not sure what Dronie is. Don't know if I want to try it. When you select it, it says be sure you are standing back......
Very Nice you 2! well done. Ray, I found 'Dronie' description:
  • Dronie function for creating one-of-a-kind selfies, revealing surrounding scenery as the drone flies back and away from the subject
Sounds like it is a form of Cable Cam. It starts out looking at you as it backs away then turns and flys forward?

"Dronie" is Tower's "Selfie"

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking a speed change is just what it is.....does not place a waypoint.

I did a ROI of my house. I made a mission of about 12 waypoints. As I was dropping the waypoints I dropped one "extra" on top of my house and then went back out along to finish my waypoints. So it looked like I flew in to my house and back out. After finishing all my waypoints I went back to the extra one on top of my house and changed it to a ROI in that top right menu.

As soon as I did this it disconnected the waypoint line from the ROI and I just ended up with a ROI dot with an eye on it.

So the end result was I was flying along and it appeared that I was just flying the mission. Even though the Solo was going straight it was rotating the Solo towards the house that entire 500' leg of mission so it was always pointing at house. Way cool.

Not sure that made sense but will try again if it didn't.

Notice the waypoints are missing that I tried to set speed on. Once you change the speed, the elevation and other menu items are GONE !

My mission goes from 1 to 52015-07-14_20-24-16.jpg

Very Nice you 2! well done. Ray, I found 'Dronie' description:
  • Dronie function for creating one-of-a-kind selfies, revealing surrounding scenery as the drone flies back and away from the subject
Sounds like it is a form of Cable Cam. It starts out looking at you as it backs away then turns and flys forward?
That's why it came back toward the house.....that's the second time selfie nearly ended in disaster.
I see now. When you hit Dronie and arm, it lays out the waypoints....which were back toward my house. Pause works very well.

Notice the waypoints are missing that I tried to set speed on. Once you change the speed, the elevation and other menu items are GONE !

My mission goes from 1 to 5View attachment 321
The speed change is just what it does. Lay out some extra waypoints where you want speed changes, then change them to sped change waypoints.
So, if you lay out waypoints 1, 2, and 3, make 2 the speed change. Between waypoint 1 and 3 it will change speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40