LMAO (really)

Reaction score
So got a RMA for refund over 2 weeks ago. The Solo has been in their possession for over a week and I just got notification that they shipped the gimbal which I am sure is going to mess up getting my money back even more.

Unimpressed !

So got a RMA for refund over 2 weeks ago. The Solo has been in their possession for over a week and I just got notification that they shipped the gimbal which I am sure is going to mess up getting my money back even more.

Unimpressed !
Wow, the power of a automated system

Reactions: rrmccabe
There seems to be a disconnect between the website of 3DR's and the distribution over in China, these things never happened with orders sent from 3DR's plant in Mexico.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHN CUERVO

Unimpressed !
Wow Rich, what a mess. How did you receive notification, was it through UPS or from 3DR?

Well, if you do end up getting the gimbal, I'll be first in line to buy it off of you.

Edit: I'm serious too. Bought all this stuff to bring along for a September trip, and now it looks like I might not have the gimbal in time. Would love to buy yours off you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian [P13]
@Jubalr UPS. I think China ships and sends a batch notice to 3DR in California and they are supposed to notify. I don't think 3DR does that as they should so UPS is your best bet. If you load the UPS app on your phone with your home address (I don't think business works) you will be notified when it goes into system. Can set it up to text, email or both.

@dm14 Thanks. Not sure how that will work out with refund but will let you know. It's not going very well at this point.

Maybe it is the props they were supposed to send me last month too.

Last correspondence from them was ..

Hi Rich McCabe,

We're sorry it's taking us so long to respond to your request. We are working hard to reduce our response time, but we haven't forgotten you and will reach out to you soon!

Cool - I think I edited my post right when you just posted. Let me know if you do end up getting one, I'd really like to have one before my trip.

Thanks.

@Jubalr UPS. I think China ships and sends a batch notice to 3DR in California and they are supposed to notify. I don't think 3DR does that as they should so UPS is your best bet. If you load the UPS app on your phone with your home address (I don't think business works) you will be notified when it goes into system. Can set it up to text, email or both.
Thanks Rich. I ordered on May 6th and their email last week said I was in the 1st shipment so I hope it's on it's way. Had it shipped to my business, so no help from UPS. Guess I'll just have to wait until it shows since I don't expect to hear from 3DR.

Thanks Rich. I ordered on May 6th and their email last week said I was in the 1st shipment so I hope it's on it's way. Had it shipped to my business, so no help from UPS. Guess I'll just have to wait until it shows since I don't expect to hear from 3DR.

Well as I said above maybe its the props they were supposed to ship last month. You would think those would come from Cali though?

There seems to be a disconnect between the website of 3DR's and the distribution over in China, these things never happened with orders sent from 3DR's plant in Mexico.
It is not just 3DR, I have been involved in manufacturing in China for over 25 years and to say the government run export process and their lack of any real-time communication to exporters is FUBARed is an understatement. Once your product leaves the factory it enters a communications black hole until it is received in the hands of US transporters
LOL, it is like those lunar missions back in the last 60s. You know your planned orbit trajectory going in but as your CSM orbit approaches the dark side of the moon all communication is lost. You know that everything should be OK but you still hold your breath cross your fingers hoping that nothing bad happens until the CSM re-appears on the other side and communication is regained. Then you have a few moments to regain your composure before it all happens again.

Last edited:
Good Analogy RTF. My dad worked at Rocketdyne Canoga Park F-1 Project.
LOL too funny!:) My older brother interned there in the early 70s while getting his Mechanical Engineering undergrad from Cal-Tech. When I was 10, I remember going to visit him while he was there. He took me on a tour. Thar was one place where the words delay and mistake were not in their vocabulary. I remember seeming one room with around 100 engineers using slide rules. The noise that those wooden slide rules made was weird. Back then packing wood meant something totally different!o_O

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
I was 18, my dad's friend got me a job in Engineering. Pulled drawings for engineers, filed away after changes and prints made. Met ALL those guys when they came to get drawings. Great experience. Dad worked across the street in mfg. I used to have a pic of me standing under an F-1 thrust camber. 5 of those beasts on a Saturn V. I know a lot of people have seen the movie Apollo 13,,but they have no idea,,,lol. Anyway, thanks, enjoyed a brief sojourn back to younger days.

PS. I have a Post Versalog around here somewhere :)

Good thing I like both you guys. You are whoring up my thread. LOL

Carry on. better topic anyway.

@dm14 Thanks. Not sure how that will work out with refund but will let you know. It's not going very well at this point.

Maybe it is the props they were supposed to send me last month too.

Last correspondence from them was ..

Hi Rich McCabe,

We're sorry it's taking us so long to respond to your request. We are working hard to reduce our response time, but we haven't forgotten you and will reach out to you soon!

If I had an extra Solo gimbal sitting around I would put the sucker on Ebay right now. It's all about supply and demand folks.

Reactions: Evilash29
Well as I said above maybe its the props they were supposed to ship last month. You would think those would come from Cali though?
I ordered 3 sets from the Best Buy website on a Sunday and received the following Thursday. In Canada. Getting better service than our American cousins, that's a first!

Unimpressed !
and you didn't even get kissed.
some how this does not surprise me.

I just got an email asking for credit card info again. Do you suppose if i send it they will bill me for the gimbal twice?

I think they'll just bill you once. I saw a copy of the email elsewhere, and the original charge was only a pre-auth, which has expired. This is the actual auth.

I do hope you get it...

When did you order?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44