Line of sight

Reaction score
With lots of recommendations on how to increase the range, question on line of sight.

Do you need to maintain a direct line of sight between the controller and Solo? If Solo should drop below a tree line or building will you loose connection?

With lots of recommendations on how to increase the range, question on line of sight.

Do you need to maintain a direct line of sight between the controller and Solo? If Solo should drop below a tree line or building will you loose connection?

Good chance you can drop connection. That's why it's a good idea to have your RTH height set appropriately.

I found with the stock antennas that I would lose connection while behind trees. I got the FPVLR antennas and it is much better. To be fair, even the stock antennas are better with the latest updates. I will probably be using both, depending on the terrain I am flying in. I like having choices.

I understand how to set the maximum altitude but does this also set the RTH altitude. The manual states solo will ascend to 25m then return to home.

Should be in the solo app software options. Make sure it's set high enough so that you don't find yourself in a situation where you're flying lower and behind an object like a tree. You want the return home height to be higher than any object in your surroundings so it doesn't make a b line to home at a low altitude as it doesn't have the ability to avoid objects in its path.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Should be in the solo app software options. Make sure it's set high enough so that you don't find yourself in a situation where you're flying lower and behind an object like a tree. You want the return home height to be higher than any object in your surroundings so it doesn't make a b line to home at a low altitude as it doesn't have the ability to avoid objects in its path.

Thanks now I learned something new and important.

I could not find RTH altitude adjustments. If someone figures this out please post.

Thank you!

You need to use tower on android if you have the old app, but as someone said, in settings in the solo app if you have new version installed

Just checked iOS app in car and not there whilst not connected. So you definetky may be need to be connected to solo for option to show up

I could not find RTH altitude adjustments. If someone figures this out please post.

Thank you!
Your solo and controller and app has to be all turned on to be able to access the settings In the app to change RTL altitude !! You can do all this in your own living room ..it be best to do this with your Props off for safety reasons..

Hey Alan.. it's Earl ... Is this the Alan I know?

Looks like the changelog for android app now includes rth height. Wait for 3drservices update before updating

In addition to line of sight, you need to factor in Fresnel zones for objects in the path between your controller antenna and Solo's antenna.

Here's a quick explanation I found online:

Tech Stuff - Fresnel Zones and their Effect

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Looks like the changelog for android app now includes rth height. Wait for 3drservices update before updating
I must be going crazy but didn't we always have the option to set the return home altitude in the solo app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado