LED Propellers ?

I used them and the solo fly’s fine but now I can’t get 1 prop off

These things are WAY out of balance. Of course, the side with the LED strip is heavier. I guess they should have put LEDs on both sides. That LED side sunk like a rock when I put it on the balancer. Not sure they can be balanced. Here is a shot of one lit up as well.

IMG_20180426_204410.jpg MVIMG_20180426_204540.jpg

wow good luck guys, I assumed the people doing this had enough sense to at least put LEDS on both sides
wow that is just going to chew bearings all to hell

Reactions: natnatroswell22
wow good luck guys, I assumed the people doing this had enough sense to at least put LEDS on both sides

Hence me not flying with them yet . . . Or maybe ever.

No, I haven't flown with them yet. Just been too busy to fly or even try to balance them. And, these are in great need of balancing before flying. I think balancing is going to take a while!
I agree. cause its more likely to lose firmness/stability once it's in the air.

No, I haven't flown with them yet. Just been too busy to fly or even try to balance them. And, these are in great need of balancing before flying. I think balancing is going to take a while!
Why don't you try strips of tapes on the other side of the props to make it well-balanced? But i doubt it'll quench the life span of your motors.

Reactions: natnatroswell22
They probably thought it'd be cool just to put the LEDS on one side. lol

But I think it's for the entertainment side? And if it is that way, they should have put the LED strips bottom, right? :cool:
EXACTLY. if you want the people to notice it then why put it on top when its not visible in the air?

The lights are on the bottom of the props, not the top. They put them on the correct side to see from the ground.

Reactions: ryanolivas
I still cant believe anyone would seriously put those on anything

Yah, they are still sitting next to my balancer. Kinda lost interest after I saw how unbalanced they were. One day I will get around to balancing them (if they can be), and trying them on one of the cheap solos I picked up. Maybe someone else will post a video in the meantime and save me the trouble.

Not sure how bad it would matter about how balanced they are based on the fact the solo flies fairly stable and corrects itself decently against pretty high winds - at least in my experiences -
I’ve known people to fly with trimmed stock blades to experiment flights - so why not add to the fun
How serious is this toy anyway- it might just make a fun disturbance to onlookers - have some fun with them and let’s us know

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso