LED Propellers ?

I made a low-ball offer for a set. I am willing to test it out and smash a Solo in the process for this forum. Wife says I have too many anyway :p, and I don't get to fly as much as I want to.

Lets see if they accept.
Thanks for taking one for the team man!

Reactions: Cuzman
I wonder if the seller of these props has any idea how much their being talked about.

After a little negotiating, props. are on the way. Of course, it says they could take up to a month to get here from China.

To be continued..........

After a little negotiating, props. are on the way. Of course, it says they could take up to a month to get here from China.

To be continued..........
It may be 2 months if it's from China.

s-l1600.jpg
You know the way a car crash or train wreck is something awful... but you have to watch anyway? That's what this is doing to me right now.

This idea is like watching someone flying Solo in Acro or Sport mode, a novelty that wears off quickly. But as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I look forward to others enjoying the idea of illuminated props. Just maybe it'll inspire the child's mind that we all should play with now and then. Life is short, don't grow old too quickly.

This idea is like watching someone flying Solo in Acro or Sport mode, a novelty that wears off quickly. But as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I look forward to others enjoying the idea of illuminated props. Just maybe it'll inspire the child's mind that we all should play with now and then. Life is short, don't grow old too quickly.
I think there's a safer way to illuminate props then this though. What about props either made from a reflective material or painted with a reflective material. Then have LED's attached to the legs that shine straight up at the props. That way props can stay nice and balanced with no wire or batteries running through them.

Reactions: Raptor
I think there's a safer way to illuminate props then this though. What about props either made from a reflective material or painted with a reflective material. Then have LED's attached to the legs that shine straight up at the props. That way props can stay nice and balanced with no wire or batteries running through them.
Yeah I think your right. I would trust that a lot more

You know the way a car crash or train wreck is something awful... but you have to watch anyway? That's what this is doing to me right now.

I'm going to use one of those "parts" drones you and I got from the same guy on ebay. I am too attached to my original Solo to risk that one. :D I don't even remember what we paid for those 3 drones, but whatever it was, I think 1/3 of that ok to gamble with. I am with RichWest, you only live once.

Besides, have you thought about the opposite outcome? What if these are the best, most stable, well balanced, and of course beautiful props ever created for Solo? :rolleyes:

I'm going to use one of those "parts" drones you and I got from the same guy on ebay. I am too attached to my original Solo to risk that one. :D I don't even remember what we paid for those 3 drones, but whatever it was, I think 1/3 of that ok to gamble with. I am with RichWest, you only live once.

Besides, have you thought about the opposite outcome? What if these are the best, most stable, well balanced, and of course beautiful props ever created for Solo? :rolleyes:
I think they worked out at $68 per drone for the three pack (of which I got two fully working and didn't really bother doing anything with the 3rd with the dodgy legs). It may be worth either slapping a long range wifi card in there or building a nice chicken wire fence between you and the bird. Really don't want a prop flying apart and taking someone's face off..... but if that does happen, post the video!

"Question: Will the propellers affect the normal flight of the drone?
Answer: No. it does not affect the flight of the drone, and is very beautiful and colorful when it works in the dark."

you got to be F#$%ing kidding... i can think of better things for risking my solo for testing hahahaha

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I'm not sure you'd actually need to risk the solo for testing. I mean, if anyone has a spare motor lying around, just brace it in a vice, slap the prop on and then power it up! Might be the safest way to do it.

Look what arrived today! Came with free phantom 3/4 stuff that is of no use to me. They are a bit shorter than stock props. But, they do seem to fit the solo.IMG_20180423_183528.jpg IMG_20180423_184019.jpg IMG_20180423_184439.jpg

Reactions: RichWest
I'm actually shocked that the LED props being only 20g, was expecting much more. Looking at the images reminds me of the XOXO knock-off props, they were crap on my P2V+ as the blades were thin and the hubs were not true.

fwiw, APC props weight about 17g each.

For the novelty of them they are cool. You are the cool kid for the day.

S
I'm actually shocked that the LED props being only 20g, was expecting much more. Looking at the images reminds me of the XOXO knock-off props, they were crap on my P2V+ as the blades were thin and the hubs were not true.

fwiw, APC props weight about 17g each.

For the novelty of them they are cool. You are the cool kid for the day.

SCORE! It was all worth it then, to be the cool kid. I do have to see if they are balanced, as @Damien was asking. And, I have to try them out in flight. But, it is pouring rain here today.......:(

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig