landed solo.. motors stayed on. then took off on its own

thanks for the replies. They are greatly appreciated. It's all a learning process as this is quite outside of my comfort zone. lol

Reactions: bluesgeek
Personally I don't use the land button. I pull the throttle stick all the way down until it's on the ground wherever I want it to be, and keep holding the throttle stick down until the motors shut off. If I want it to get close to where it took off from I hit the home button, but then hit fly when it gets close by and continue to land manually using the throttle only. It detects it lands after a few seconds of it not detecting that the altitude is no longer changing even though the throttle stick is all the way down, and then shuts the motors off. Takes maybe 3-5 seconds, I never noticed.

I think the motors didn't shut off because it sounds like you were too hasty with shutting the controller off before the propellers actually stopped spinning.

That's what I do, but I would add one thing that I've found to be pretty important. When I get about 10 feet from the ground using your landing method, I then tap my A button, which is programmed to Fly:Manual, then bring it down to the ground and use the stick to power off the motors.

In my experience, if you staying GPS FLY mode, even with your stick input I've seen it try to take off again if the ground isn't perfectly level or something like that. In Manual I've never had an issue.

That's what I do, but I would add one thing that I've found to be pretty important. When I get about 10 feet from the ground using your landing method, I then tap my A button, which is programmed to Fly:Manual, then bring it down to the ground and use the stick to power off the motors.

In my experience, if you staying GPS FLY mode, even with your stick input I've seen it try to take off again if the ground isn't perfectly level or something like that. In Manual I've never had an issue.
makes sense. Come to think of it, the spot I was landing was at a bit of a slope. That may have been a contributing factor as well.

I always hold the left stick down and to the left to shut off motors. Old habit I guess.

Also hold left stick down and to the right to arm motors.

Have fun flying and be safe in the air.

Roy

I always hold the left stick down and to the left to shut off motors. Old habit I guess.

Also hold left stick down and to the right to arm motors.

Have fun flying and be safe in the air.

Roy

Be careful though...even using this method, Solo can do some freaky stuff when it's on the ground. Make sure you switch to FLY:Manual right before you land, and set it down that way first. If you're in GPS FLY mode, it could still try to take off and flip if it doesn't sense that you're on level ground. <---voice of experience.

This has happened to me also twice on the same landing, that it powered up after landing on a slope even while holding the left stick all the way down. The controller was still on and it powered up and went up only 15 feet or so before I gained control again. The key is not to panic and let it go up until it relinquishes control back to you and keep trying to land. I like the idea of going to manual to land as some people have suggested. Most landings there is no problem, so just a weird thing to have happen with no indication from the controller.

I had a similar problem, but when I landed, the motors didn't shut off and the drone tipped backwards on itself and broke my props. No idea why it happened. I landed on flat gravel but motors didn't shut off as I was holding the stick down and it just tipped backwards. Been having a lot of problems with the drone lately. Losing connection and drifting away. I've been diligent updating all the updates too. So, I'm selling it. I'm going to buy the Karma.

I had a similar problem, but when I landed, the motors didn't shut off and the drone tipped backwards on itself and broke my props. No idea why it happened. I landed on flat gravel but motors didn't shut off as I was holding the stick down and it just tipped backwards. Been having a lot of problems with the drone lately. Losing connection and drifting away. I've been diligent updating all the updates too. So, I'm selling it. I'm going to buy the Karma.

I'd hold off just a little. I don't know any new drone release that's gone perfectly smoothly without any bugs. The Karma will have its fair share, it's just bound to happen.

My eyes are on the Mavic Pro because of the portability and form factor, but I'm a bit discouraged by the video focusing issues, so I'm not sure which direction I'm going to go yet.

And FYI, I still fly my Solo all the time and love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44