anyone know what dronie mode is?

i'm not a fan of GoPro but they've just sealed the deal for me with the removable stabilizer. Not having to bother with attaching a cell phone/tablet each time will also speed things up. Hopefully cable cam has more than 2 points.

Solo will still be fun with Solex..but it's too big/heavy for traveling.

'dronie' is selfie. another 3DR first. in droidplanner/tower, selfie is called dronie. in the solo app its called selfie. i guess GoPro didn't want to bite solo all the way (we'lll still use cablecam and orbit though).

There is a harness for the 4 black and silver. 29.99
Yes I saw that... thanks. For Session5 I read is coming too.
I wonder up to what level can the camera be controlled from the drone controller. Logically the drone controller control would equal GoPro Apps.

Probably in the Hero5 harness there is a USB-C conversion chip or something :)
As the USB-C will carry video and all other commands.
http://shop.gopro.com/Marketing/accessories-2/karma-harness-hero5-black/AGFAU-001.html

Looking at Hero4 harness, it only use the USB port for communication, not the rear expansion port. HDMI aside.
http://shop.gopro.com/Marketing/accessories-2/karma-harness-hero4/AGFHA-001.html
I think GP will release new FW to make Hero4 compatible with Karma, if full camera control is expected by using only USB connection.

Yes I saw that... thanks. For Session5 I read is coming too.
I wonder up to what level can the camera be controlled from the drone controller. Logically the drone controller control would equal GoPro Apps.

Probably in the Hero5 harness there is a USB-C conversion chip or something :)
As the USB-C will carry video and all other commands.
http://shop.gopro.com/Marketing/accessories-2/karma-harness-hero5-black/AGFAU-001.html

Looking at Hero4 harness, it only use the USB port for communication, not the rear expansion port. HDMI aside.
http://shop.gopro.com/Marketing/accessories-2/karma-harness-hero4/AGFHA-001.html
I think GP will release new FW to make Hero4 compatible with Karma, if full camera control is expected by using only USB connection.
Most likely have with the 4 firmware

The linear FOV looks interesting
Will be like Yi 4K I think. I have Yi 4K. Black5 supposedly can do LINEAR FOV up to 2.7K.
The Yi 4K for LINEAR FOV can only do up to 2.5K , but no 60 fps...only 30fps.
Its all in the capability of the new Amba chip these cams use, including the EIS too.

Reactions: Crisp Rice
anyone hear what Colins new 'venture' is? Wonder if gopro snagged him?? I still have to imagine there is plenty of working together if not a full on partnership from 3DR on this. Way way too many 3DR features and we know how close they worked already together on the hero integration with Solo.

You know, when a movie launches without any real pre-reviews it nearly always bombs...
I really do wish the Karma well, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

You know, when a movie launches without any real pre-reviews it nearly always bombs...
I really do wish the Karma well, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

there's going to be kinks that needs to be ironed out of course but it can't possibly do worse than Solo
near-catostrophic launch then said bye to consumers under a year

there's going to be kinks that needs to be ironed out of course but it can't possibly do worse than Solo
near-catostrophic launch then said bye to consumers under a year
No one knows what "kinks" any product will have before it's circulated awhile and put through its paces. Maybe small ones, maybe major ones. Time will tell.
However, I do know a bit about marketing. If you've got a product that truly shines and is superior to its competition - you brag. You brag in print, you brag in social media, you brag at trade shows and conventions, and most importantly you show off those superior features at any and every opportunity no matter what.
We've seen virtually nothing from Karma. At this point the only thing I'll take on faith is that it'll likely be capable of sustained flight for at least a short time. The videos I've seen from it - purportedly that is - have been quite a bit inferior to Solos.
Speaking of Solo. How many products have a truly dedicated fan base like it has? Why does it have that fan base?
Because it's a remarkable machine that has earned its reputation - Solo, aside for a few lingering issues like GPS lock issues and such, is absolutely rock solid.
Do I sound like a 3DR cheerleader? I'm far from it. I own 8 quads including Yuneecs and DJI birds (including P4) and frankly trust Solo more than any of the others.
To tell the truth, my Phantom 4 is likely the one I fly the least because I'm afraid the damned thing is going to just fly away from me. I spent too much on it to watch it fly off blindly into the sunset as they're known to do.
I never worry about that with Solo.

Crap! Just bought the solo a week ago on sale. With the extra battery, and backpack I could return it and get the karma. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap! Just bought the solo a week ago on sale. With the extra battery, and backpack I could return it and get the karma. What do you think?
Go ahead, and report back to us... :eek: And remember, it was officially 'announced' today, but isn't available until October 23rd.

I think you will really enjoy the Solo while waiting to see if the Karma is a worthy replacement.

You got it for what it could do, didn't you?

You did your research and decided the Solo suited your purpose didn't you?

The Karma doesn't change any of that does it?

Which one can you fly tomorrow?

I may get a Karma after it proves itself. It might be handier in some situations than my two Solos; only time will tell.

I think you will really enjoy the Solo while waiting to see if the Karma is a worthy replacement.

You got it for what it could do, didn't you?

You did your research and decided the Solo suited your purpose didn't you?

The Karma doesn't change any of that does it?

Which one can you fly tomorrow?

I may get a Karma after it proves itself. It might be handier in some situations than my two Solos; only time will tell.

one is much more versatile and travel-friendly

I'd personally keep the Solo...but also get a Karma if your budget allows for it/it goes on sale and the reviews are good.

Reactions: Brendon Baddiley
one is much more versatile and travel-friendly

I'd personally keep the Solo...but also get a Karma if your budget allows for it/it goes on sale and the reviews are good.

Versatility has yet to be proven and can mean different things to others. Can it scan or follow a programed flight path? Will it work with Tower and MP or in other ways offer the versatility of those programs? Other than a GoPro what else can it carry?

it does look to be travel friendly though.

i'm speaking from a consumer standpoint...Solo only supports older GoPro in that sense.
the ability to have it handheld/wearable makes it much more appealing even if it means scarificing a number of smart shots.
Obviously for enterprise Solo is better suited...but that market is probably something like 0.1% of all quadcopter market.

Good point. For 799 I have the solo, the gimbal, 3 batteries, the backpack 3 sets of blades and the solar pro LED lights. Probably going through buyers remorse but it does what I need so far

Reactions: Brendon Baddiley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado