Just when did you order from B&H?

Spoke with another CSR this morning -- i ordered mine 4/21/15.

Welcome to Live Chat at the B&H Customer Service Department. Please wait while we connect you to an agent who will be able to assist you...
You have been connected to Nathan Z.
Rodney: what is the Status of my 3DR gimbal on order #############
Nathan Z: Hello Rodney. My name is Nathan Z, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Nathan Z: I am sorry for the long wait, we are expecting them to come in on September 16, we will promptly ship it out to you.

Here is what i was told today by B&H on-live live chat

You have been connected to Jacob Le.
Ken : Gimbal Update. Have you received stock yet? If not do you have any info on when? Thanks!

Jacob Le: Hello Ken. My name is Jacob Le, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.

Ken: thanks

Jacob Le: Although we have begun to receive the Gimbal, we are receiving them in limited quantities per shipment from 3DR so there's no specific information as to exactly when we'll be receiving the unit allocated for your order, however, I do not believe that it should be much longer. As per the information we have currently, we are hoping that we'll have all the Gimbals necessary to fulfill orders by the end of this month or the beginning of the following month (October). I am very sorry for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

Jacob Le: I understand that you have been very patient till now and I want to thank you for that patience. It truly is appreciated!

Ken: My order was placed on 4/14/15 how could I not be on the first set of gimbals shipped? How many have you shipped to customers so far?

Jacob Le: Unfortunately, I would not be able to advise you how many have been shipped already, and we do not have access to the preorder queue since it's run by an automated system, therefore, I would not be able to advise you on the position of your order, nor how many are ahead of yours. There's no way to know how many units come per shipment until we receive each shipment and orders are fulfilled in the order they were received. I am sorry for that inconvenience.

Ken: Thanks for what help you were able to give. It is unfortunate you have so little info to share. Again with an order date of 4/14 I would have thought and was indeed told at one time by a B&H rep that I would be in the first set of gimbals to ship due to the order date .

Jacob Le: I am very sorry for that confusion. Unfortunately, when products are released in limited quantities, there's no way for us to ascertain how many will be in each shipment, nor is there a way to ascertain how many orders are before yours since we can't see the exact position of an order in the preorder queue. It could be that the rep had advised that based upon the date that you placed the order, in comparison to the many orders placed after. As we continue to obtain more information from 3DR, sometimes what seemed to have been accurate and correct ends up being pushed for longer. Again, I am sincerely sorry for that inconvenience and frustration that the delay has caused

Jacob Le: While speaking with you, I just spoke with my Purchasing Department, and I have a bit of possibly good news for you.

Jacob Le: They have checked as well (since they do have more visibility into this since they're the ones that make the purchases with manufacturers) and they have advised me that your order does appear that it should be in the upcoming shipment that we're expecting. Now, I just want to emphasize that I can't guarantee that since, as I stated before, there's really no way to know for sure how many units will be coming in the shipment, but based upon the trend of the shipments till now, we do expect and hope that yours will be in this coming one.

Ken: Understood. Thanks for your time. Sounds like the B&H system could do with a little tweaking to be able to give you additional information. Although it is automated there are still ways to check the queue for needed info. Just looks like it is not set up that way. I am sure you are taking a lot of grief for things you have no control over. Thanks!

Reactions: TheeRod
Ordered mine in mid May from DroneFly. They were slow to ship my bird so I canceled the order since I was able to walk in and out of BB with the bird. Still waiting on Gimbal.

Here is what i was told today by B&H on-live live chat

You have been connected to Jacob Le.
Ken : Gimbal Update. Have you received stock yet? If not do you have any info on when? Thanks!

Jacob Le: Hello Ken. My name is Jacob Le, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.

Ken: thanks

Jacob Le: Although we have begun to receive the Gimbal, we are receiving them in limited quantities per shipment from 3DR so there's no specific information as to exactly when we'll be receiving the unit allocated for your order, however, I do not believe that it should be much longer. As per the information we have currently, we are hoping that we'll have all the Gimbals necessary to fulfill orders by the end of this month or the beginning of the following month (October). I am very sorry for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

Jacob Le: I understand that you have been very patient till now and I want to thank you for that patience. It truly is appreciated!

Ken: My order was placed on 4/14/15 how could I not be on the first set of gimbals shipped? How many have you shipped to customers so far?

Jacob Le: Unfortunately, I would not be able to advise you how many have been shipped already, and we do not have access to the preorder queue since it's run by an automated system, therefore, I would not be able to advise you on the position of your order, nor how many are ahead of yours. There's no way to know how many units come per shipment until we receive each shipment and orders are fulfilled in the order they were received. I am sorry for that inconvenience.

Ken: Thanks for what help you were able to give. It is unfortunate you have so little info to share. Again with an order date of 4/14 I would have thought and was indeed told at one time by a B&H rep that I would be in the first set of gimbals to ship due to the order date .

Jacob Le: I am very sorry for that confusion. Unfortunately, when products are released in limited quantities, there's no way for us to ascertain how many will be in each shipment, nor is there a way to ascertain how many orders are before yours since we can't see the exact position of an order in the preorder queue. It could be that the rep had advised that based upon the date that you placed the order, in comparison to the many orders placed after. As we continue to obtain more information from 3DR, sometimes what seemed to have been accurate and correct ends up being pushed for longer. Again, I am sincerely sorry for that inconvenience and frustration that the delay has caused

Jacob Le: While speaking with you, I just spoke with my Purchasing Department, and I have a bit of possibly good news for you.

Jacob Le: They have checked as well (since they do have more visibility into this since they're the ones that make the purchases with manufacturers) and they have advised me that your order does appear that it should be in the upcoming shipment that we're expecting. Now, I just want to emphasize that I can't guarantee that since, as I stated before, there's really no way to know for sure how many units will be coming in the shipment, but based upon the trend of the shipments till now, we do expect and hope that yours will be in this coming one.

Ken: Understood. Thanks for your time. Sounds like the B&H system could do with a little tweaking to be able to give you additional information. Although it is automated there are still ways to check the queue for needed info. Just looks like it is not set up that way. I am sure you are taking a lot of grief for things you have no control over. Thanks!

ahhh...

wait a min, I just got my tracking from B&H and I ordered 4/16??
Is that not in their control?
No big deal, but how did I get in front of Ken if he ordered 4/14?
with all the finger pointing this thing has created you would have thought they would have gotten that right... right?

just FYI, seems like by the end of the month there will be gimbals sitting waiting for buyers and GimbalGate will be history.

Reactions: Maddog
Spoke with another CSR this morning -- i ordered mine 4/21/15.

Welcome to Live Chat at the B&H Customer Service Department. Please wait while we connect you to an agent who will be able to assist you...
You have been connected to Nathan Z.
Rodney: what is the Status of my 3DR gimbal on order #############
Nathan Z: Hello Rodney. My name is Nathan Z, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Nathan Z: I am sorry for the long wait, we are expecting them to come in on September 16, we will promptly ship it out to you.
What Da Heck!?
In post 34 Xanti was told his gimbal is shipping on 9-14.
How's that possible if they aren't coming in until 9-16??

This is so absurd its funny!

ahhh...

wait a min, I just got my tracking from B&H and I ordered 4/16??
Is that not in their control?
No big deal, but how did I get in front of Ken if he ordered 4/14?
with all the finger pointing this thing has created you would have thought they would have gotten that right... right?

just FYI, seems like by the end of the month there will be gimbals sitting waiting for buyers and GimbalGate will be history.

I agree :)

Ya it's all messed up. they go on a holiday the 13-16th so i wonder if they wont actually ship the ones that have received a tracking # until 9/16 when they re-open.

For those that have a tracking # - Are you able to actually track the package and see that is has left the facility or does it say Shipment not pickup yet?

Ya it's all messed up. they go on a holiday the 13-16th so i wonder if they wont actually ship the ones that have received a tracking # until 9/16 when they re-open.

For those that have a tracking # - Are you able to actually track the package and see that is has left the facility or does it say Shipment not pickup yet?
Not how they say on the website:
"Orders placed before 7:00 AM EDT on Sunday, September 13 will be processed prior to the Holiday closing."

B&H is pretty good getting it out the door and they are open Friday.

Here is mine just now-I'll post when it changes-

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Shipped/Billed On:
09/10/2015
Type:
Package
Weight:
5.10 lbs

Reactions: TheeRod
Don't think that's normal unless it's a Canada thing.
I ordered the whole enchilada 4/16 and they partial shipped and just charged for what they shipped.

That's the thing I'm trying to figure out? Is it a Canadian thing?
Is there any other Canadian or any body els for that matter that Preordererd there gimbal from B&H and they charged there Credit Card basically on the spot?? Pay now..Ship later!
I thought B&H only charged your Card when Shipped ?
I don't really care either way..I pay for it now or later dosint really mater to me! just more curious why charge me now?

Last edited:
That's the thing I'm trying to figure out? Is it a Canadian thing?
Is there any other Canadian or any body els for that matter that Preordererd there gimbal from B&H and they charged there Credit Card basically on the spot?? Pay now..Ship later!
I thought B&H only charged your Card when Shipped ?
I don't really care either way..I pay for it now or later dosint really mater to me! just more curious why charge me now?

Del, confirmed my friend... They charged me full pop, gimbal too...

(I'm in GTA area)

Del, confirmed my friend... They charged me full pop, gimbal too...

(I'm in GTA area)
So it may just be just a Canadian thing then??
Damn...don't they trust us..lol
O-well..I guess they must have there reasons for doing it that way!
Charge first..Ship Later!
Well at least I know it's paid for..:)

Good luck everyone, I recieved my gimbal (not from BH). after 30 minutes of troubleshooting with 3DR support over video feed, I was told to RMA. 104 days wait and 0 minutes flight time with gimbal.

30 minutes later I called back because after uninstalling gimbal and putting back static mount no video feed, he offered to take the copter back as well. Shipped the bee-otch(es) out this morning.

Do over anyone?

I ordered my gimbal from B&H on 8-22. They charged my credit card on that date but I'm still being told they don't have any.
I'm prepared to wait until all orders ahead of me are filled, but I was just wondering if earlier pre-orders were charged at the time of order?

B&H put a charge on my card initially to make sure that it was legit. The charge was like a dollar I think and then removed. Full cost of gimbal was charged when it was shipped.

B&H put a charge on my card initially to make sure that it was legit. The charge was like a dollar I think and then removed. Full cost of gimbal was charged when it was shipped.

Hmmm... They charged me the full price, never removed it.

Talked with B&H today and they said they did get a number of gimbals in and mine should go out Monday. I asked if they were going to be open and they said they would have all the orders ready to go out and would still be picked up Monday for shipment. I asked if I would see a tracking number today and was told not til it ships on Monday. I just went on line to view my order and I do have a tracking number associated with the gimbal now!! Could not track yet, maybe tomorrow. And so it goes. Not sure how I am going to spend my time at work if I am no longer looking for a gimbal. Productivity just went up

Talked with B&H today and they said they did get a number of gimbals in and mine should go out Monday. I asked if they were going to be open and they said they would have all the orders ready to go out and would still be picked up Monday for shipment. I asked if I would see a tracking number today and was told not til it ships on Monday. I just went on line to view my order and I do have a tracking number associated with the gimbal now!! Could not track yet, maybe tomorrow. And so it goes. Not sure how I am going to spend my time at work if I am no longer looking for a gimbal. Productivity just went up

Now that's funny!

April 29 th
I did notice last night when I checked my ordered it shows that they have the gimbal. Not sure when they are going to ship it.

I ordered on April 14th. Got a shipping notice from B & H on Wendsday 9/9. Tracking indicates it will arrive here in Frisco, TX Monday. It has sure been a long wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44