Just when did you order from B&H?

Reaction score
No way of knowing how many B&H orders in the queue but curious as to when folks here placed their order?
I ordered online back on April 30. I've seen posts where others ordered well before that even.

My order 4/16.
yesterday morning's chat w/Brian-

"
Brian P: Hello rik . My name is Brian P, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Brian P: We should be receiving the Gimbal within the next couple of days.
rik : has ANY B&H customers received yet?
Brian P: We have not received any in stock yet.
Brian P: I apologize for any inconvenience.
rik : when you say "the gimbals" are any mine?
Brian P: Your order will be fufilled by the first shipment.
rik : great , thanks
Brian P: You are welcome!
Brian P: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
rik : no thank you
Brian P: Thank you for choosing to shop with B&H, we appreciate having you as a customer. Have a wonderful day!
Brian P: Please click the "end session" button on the right side of your chat window to end our chat."

Preordered Gimbal from B&H Aug 17..I was pretty late on deciding on where and when to preorder..so I can see me being very last getting my Gimbal...!! But that's ok..the longer you wait..the bigger the excitement when you receive it ..I might even shed a Tear.. Lol

April 14 for me. I have everything but the gimbal. (Drone/Extra battery/Hardcase/Free Extra Battery/Extra Props) I spoke to B&H Friday 9/4/15 and they expected them this coming week (Heard that before) Called 3DR and asked when B&H would see gimbals and was told they would ship Monday 9/7/15 from China direct top B&H. For what its worth.

I have just done a live chat on line with B&H Photo and they can not tell me when they will receive the gimbals. I have called 3DR and they are telling me that the gimbals were to start shipping from China to resellers late last week and early this week. He had no way of tracking a shipment to B&H without an order number (Order number from B&H to 3DR) I gave him my order number but it was of no help. Heard it all before hope this time they are correct

My order 4/16.
yesterday morning's chat w/Brian-

Brian P: We should be receiving the Gimbal within the next couple of days.
rik : has ANY B&H customers received yet?
Brian P: We have not received any in stock yet.
Brian P: I apologize for any inconvenience.
rik : when you say "the gimbals" are any mine?
Brian P: Your order will be fufilled by the first shipment.."

i wish all CS reps were on the same page, i just spoke to one and they said
" I'm very sorry, but unfortunately we have not yet received any shipments of this gimbal in stock. Currently 3DR is unable to provide us with concrete information regarding a timeline for when we can expect to ship your order."

April 16, with one extra battery which has been stuck in B&H status "In stock, order sent to warehouse Expedited Delivery" for about a week. Haven't seen the free battery from 3DR yet either, though they promised it.

April 16, with one extra battery which has been stuck in B&H status "In stock, order sent to warehouse Expedited Delivery" for about a week. Haven't seen the free battery from 3DR yet either, though they promised it.

@GetAirborne you will have to Call B&H and tell them to release your Battery otherwise they will wait for the gimball also ask them to ship your free battery as well.

Reactions: GetAirborne
30 June - B&H live chat guy just said 9-24 is the in-stock day.

At least their being consistent. They told me the same, Earlier today.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
June 19

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Interesting-
Last week another member called B&H and was told they have no gimbals. That member then called 3DR and was told gimbals had shipped to B&H and they have them in stock.
The 3DR rep said he had no idea why B&H would say what they did- he did not offer to help resolve the situation and told the member he needed to resolve his own problems with B&H.
It does not appear 3DR is doing anything to resolve the situation with any of their resellers.

CEO Collin recently sent out an email touting the light, parachute, etc., that are coming out. He did not address the gimbal issue as far as I can tell.

Is anybody aware of 3DR putting out any "official" information about the gimbal issue? I think they need to get on top of this before touting upcoming options for a drone that might not make it to "prime time".

Interesting-
Last week another member called B&H and was told they have no gimbals. That member then called 3DR and was told gimbals had shipped to B&H and they have them in stock.
The 3DR rep said he had no idea why B&H would say what they did- he did not offer to help resolve the situation and told the member he needed to resolve his own problems with B&H.
It does not appear 3DR is doing anything to resolve the situation with any of their resellers.

CEO Collin recently sent out an email touting the light, parachute, etc., that are coming out. He did not address the gimbal issue as far as I can tell.

Is anybody aware of 3DR putting out any "official" information about the gimbal issue? I think they need to get on top of this before touting upcoming options for a drone that might not make it to "prime time".
There are only two possible explanations. One, 3DR is grossly incompetent, not having the systems or management structures in place to handle the current situation, or two, they are being dishonest, hoping the storm blows over before anyone notices the inconsistencies in their communication regarding product delivery. Either way, this makes them look very bad, and as I've stated previously, we the loyal consumer/early adopter have gotten screwed and are powerless. The only group with any influence, and real skin in the game, are their investors and they don't seem to be lifting a finger to make this company function responsibly. Pretty obvious this is what happens when you turn the candy store over to the kids to run.

Message just received from 3DR:
_____

Miguel Carral (3D Robotics)

Sep 8, 6:10 PM

Hello,

I hope you are having a good day.
We are shipping the Gimbals already to the resellers and customers that ordered through our website.
I understand this could be frustrating but if B&H decides to ship the Gimbal until the end of September there is nothing that we can do.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

________

"if B&H decides to ship the Gimbal until the end of September"

WTF?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44