Just purchased a 3DR solo

Moe

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just purchased a 3DR solo for $200 Canadian, and I can't figure out how to connect it to my smart phone. I tried to watch some YouTube videos on how to connect but they are all over 3 years old which was before the support was discontinued for the solo.

I downloaded the 3DR solo app on my samsung galaxy S9, but the app doesn't open at all. It just keeps shutting down.

Can someone please walk me through set up process and maybe connect with me on instagram just until I get the hang of it and learn how to fly on my own.

My Instagram is moe_the_beast_02

You need an old phone to install the solo app, or buy the aftermarket app, solex.

you can also fly the drone without the phone but will be everything in manual so if you don't have experience is a nono.

Hi everyone

I just purchased a 3DR solo for $200 Canadian, and I can't figure out how to connect it to my smart phone. I tried to watch some YouTube videos on how to connect but they are all over 3 years old which was before the support was discontinued for the solo.

I downloaded the 3DR solo app on my samsung galaxy S9, but the app doesn't open at all. It just keeps shutting down.

Can someone please walk me through set up process and maybe connect with me on instagram just until I get the hang of it and learn how to fly on my own.

My Instagram is moe_the_beast_02
So you find these as good deals for a reason. 3DR Solo is now ONLY focused on commercial drones and such. But, there is hope as I also bought on last year and the first thing I did was to install Solex (for Android which I used) or sidepilot (for IOS) and get the the old 3DR firmware off and the new OPEN firmware installed. The new firmware is called OpenSolo and works with Solex. Here are some the links that help with that:

OpenSolo setup and installing OpenSolo to replace the stock 3dr firmware:
OpenSolo/OpenSolo
OpenSolo/OpenSolo
After installed you will need to calibrate which is you can see done here:

Calibration:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ok. Now your ready to fly. Take a peek at this:

Learning to fly:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc