Its a solo... wait.. its a DIY X8 wait ... its a Open SoloX8

Man i can’t wait to see this fly fully functional. Keep posting. Very cool.

I spent yesterday replacing the IMU in the walkera gimbal with the Storm32 one. Ditched the worthless hdmi to av converter, since I will be using a ribbon cable to the IMX6.

That took a lot longer than expected because I screwed up the pitch motor wires in the process.

It is all back together now. I just have to wire up a bec to power the gimbal and solder servo connectors to the walkera motors and it is off to tuning.

Have not figured out what channel the paddles are on the solo controller. Once I figure that out I can hook it up to the FC. Torn on PWM or Serial

Seems Olli is now only willing to say the Storm32 will work with his fork of arducopter and I hate forks.

Yeah I feel the same way I wonder what code changes make it work? I know he is also using modified ESC'S using CanBus...

I wonder if it would be as simple as do a dif on the two versions and do a pull request
never done such a thing, but I know people who can

been wondering the same, my guess is more like 6-7, but i could be wrong.
The camera and gimbal are really not that heave, and I shed a little weight on the gimbal

I was getting around 18 minutes before the gimbal and camera.
Most likely will move up to 6s at some point. Move to 22mm arms.

Just want to prove it all out first.

Biggest problem is trying to calibrate the ESCs with the solo link. No way to keep the throttle at 100% and unplug that battery. I think I am going to have to find some way to power the imx6 separate from the battery

I don't do props indoors
Well I did once, now I never do
I did once too on an R/C plane.

I was just going to servo reverse the rudder channel really quick, except that I was accidentally on the throttle channel. An 11" prop on 4S overrode my throttle safeties and went from 0% to 100% with the click of a button. Ended up with a trip to the E.R. (I won't post the pictures). My kitchen and living room looked like a grisly murder scene, blood splatter and all.

Having mostly flown nitro over the last 30 years, I had never had a motor start itself and go to 100% throttle in about 1 second. Now I know. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela