Is this a result of extremely out of balance props or something else?

Reaction score
Just shot this at sunrise this morning after a pretty snow. I saw this back and forth yawing on my screen while it was happening, but thought it was a problem with the video transmission... obviously not! I have not balance my props yet. Is this how bad it can get, or is this a gimbal issue? Thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just shot this at sunrise this morning after a pretty snow. I saw this back and forth yawing on my screen while it was happening, but thought it was a problem with the video transmission... obviously not! I have not balance my props yet. Is this how bad it can get, or is this a gimbal issue? Thoughts?

Wow..that looks pretty bad....did you have the same affects flying forward ?

Forward, backward, sideways, every which way. Super disappointing considering I drove an hour to get there in 15 degree weather with high hopes of capturing some pretty stuff, but NOPE, not this time! Suggestions? I just sent in a support ticket through the 3DR website, I will upload a log to see if they can help any.

Forward, backward, sideways, every which way. Super disappointing considering I drove an hour to get there in 15 degree weather with high hopes of capturing some pretty stuff, but NOPE, not this time! Suggestions? I just sent in a support ticket through the 3DR website, I will upload a log to see if they can help any.
Have you had this problem before this flight? Or this just happened?

One of the motors does not work! And propellers balanced. But in this situation, it may be likely motor!
The sound of what was removed, it was possible to listen to the work of a motor?

Reactions: RichWest
First time. I flew a few days ago with the same props with no issues. I did notice however, today the gimbal was making a humming sound.
When you have it in front of you powered on does the gimbal twitch at all? Or only in the air?
I just checked that indoors (no props running), the gimbal looks solid.

One of the motors does not work! And propellers balanced. But in this situation, it may be likely motor!
The sound of what was removed, it was possible to listen to the work of a motor?
Dimitri,
I am not sure what you are asking. Is there a way to run up the motors as a test without props on?

I believe you can test the motors individually with mission planner. I haven't done that yet, or messed with mission planner, but from what I've read that's what people are using to balance their motors/props. If something's off, you should hear it. Also you can use a vibration test app on your phone and place it on the solo and run the motor tests to see if any are vibrating more than others.

I believe you can test the motors individually with mission planner. I haven't done that yet, or messed with mission planner, but from what I've read that's what people are using to balance their motors/props. If something's off, you should hear it. Also you can use a vibration test app on your phone and place it on the solo and run the motor tests to see if any are vibrating more than others.
If only I could figure out how to even connect, I might be able to do that. But thanks much for that suggestion. I am awaiting a call from 3DR support after having uploaded the logs a bit ago.

Thanks Dimitri. I watched the video, and got a good laugh when he asked "what does this all mea?... I have no idea" Do you know if there is an android app for the vibration test?

I use myself ASUS NEXUS 7 "For flying and for vibration using iph

Looks like a gimbal ball came loose....
If by "gimbal ball", you mean the 4 soft cushion balls at the corners of the gimbal board? It does not look like it. The HDMI cable seemed to be clear also... no binding at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc