Is this a result of extremely out of balance props or something else?

have not flown app 1.3 yet
but have flown firmware 1.3 and app 1.2
with balanced props and motor bells (could see visible improvements)
Replaced two very shaky pods (could see visible improvements)
replacing HDMI cable with a ribbon (questionable if it improved things, vibrations changed but still there)
and after 1.3 Firmware only, even on a windy day my vibrations were very minimal
nothing prodad could not get out with out degrading the footage.
And I am sporting a 4.4 mm flat lens so my vibrations are amplified a bit

My quest is over.
going to roll with it like it is
now to find an android tablet that follow me works with
Nick at 3DR tells me they test with a nexus 9, makes sense because the android install will be as close to pure android as you can get
So watching prices

I don't know if it was my imagination or not but for part of your video it seemed to be perfect which would make me think it was the gimbal. Mind did the same thing as well as flopping off to one side and they are replacing mine. It did the shakes first then starting flopping no matter how I routed the cables

My Solo shut down at 120ft and crashed due to motor 3 failing as well. I just sent it back for warranty. I had some vibration coming through the gimbal too and I wonder if this *might* have been a predictor of a motor ready to go.

I really do believe most of the micro vibrations are bad motors
I'm wondering about this as well. Mine has had a decent, visible vibration when the motors start turning from early on. I did not have that on my Phantom 2.

Anyone else out there noticing their bird vibrate more than you think it should? If so, I'd be concerned about a bad motor.

you don't have a lot of things on that DJI that you do have on 3DR support for one
its not hard to test motors. an app and mission planner and you can check them very easily

On motor testing will I see a specific motor that is vibrating exponentially more than the other 3? I'm using mission planner and a vibration monitor on my phone. What throttle percentage should I set the motors to test at?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

On motor testing will I see a specific motor that is vibrating exponentially more than the other 3? I'm using mission planner and a vibration monitor on my phone. What throttle percentage should I set the motors to test at?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Mc,

Yes, you should see a different pattern and different numbers for each individual motor. I think most of us have been running at 50% throttle.

Jerry

Reactions: mcneely19
What JR said. In addition, since everything is set up, run it up higher % once balanced. This can provide further confirmation there are no other issues, like bearings and/or shaft wobble.

Good luck!

Reactions: J R
Ugh... Is it me or is there just a LOT of mods and testing and fixing to do to get decent usable video from this thing or is just the early models like mine?
My gimbal is being replaced now too, went all wonkie, then just went.

Ugh... Is it me or is there just a LOT of mods and testing and fixing to do to get decent usable video from this thing or is just the early models like mine?
My gimbal is being replaced now too, went all wonkie, then just went.
I don't think it has anything to do with early release. Mine was in the first batch released. When my gimbal finally came, all I did was watch Colin's install video. Didn't even take out the battery tray or do any of the mods and was always pleased with the videos. To this day, the gimbal has never been removed and still has the original stiff HDMI cable.

Reactions: Solo Keith
I replaced the motor pod and now I believe the other 3 are ALL BAD! WTF 3DR? :confused:
All 3 sets props are balanced etc. it takes for ever to get sats, smart shots are intermittent, follow me doesn't work, and the GoPro isn't the right camera for this platform either, action cam, not a video cam. Video is just crap, unusable crap. :(
Really not happy with this thing, yet to get really clean and smooth video, Replacing the gimbal on a return RMA now, next 3 friggin motor pods too!!!! At $60 a piece! ... A piece is right!:mad:

Well I did the individual motor test vibes are aweful but 3 out of 4 motors sound like the bearings are dry, raspy and metallic. I have a seringe with some really light sewing machine oil. It quited them up a bit and smoothed them out a bit too. But it's pretty obvious by the sounds and the vibration meter they are pretty close to being toast.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig