Is it my android device that causes issues?

Reaction score
OK, I should rephrase, is it my two android devices that cause issues? Here's the problem (and fix for me at least). I have a samsung galaxy S5 and a cheap Chinese android tablet (that's barely fast enough to use with the drone https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DH1TWCK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). I have three birds.

I've noticed the following happens when swapping around between devices and birds.

Scenario 1:

Lets say I hook up bird 1 to my controller and phone and connect to solex (although same thing happens with 3DR app too). Ok, no issues. Bird pairs to controller, controller pairs to phone, solex detects controller and bird.

Now I pair another bird to the same controller. Bird pairs to controller, controller pairs to phone, solex detects controller but will not detect the bird.

The only way to fix this is to go into the application settings on the phone and clear the cache and data storage. Then open back up the app, and at that point it will connect to the controller and detect the bird. Like I said, this also happens with the 3DR app (not to pick on Solex, it's just that I tend to use that more, who wouldn't?).

Scenario 2:

Lets say I hook up bird 1 to my controller and phone and connect to solex (although same thing happens with 3DR app too). Ok, no issues. Bird pairs to controller, controller pairs to phone, solex detects controller and bird.

Now I pair bird 2 to a brand new controller. Bird pairs to controller, controller pairs to phone, solex detects controller but will not detect the bird.

Gain, back into the application settings on the phone and clear the cache and data storage. Then open back up the app, and at that point it will connect to the controller and detect the bird.

This happens on both my phone and the tablet and before I discovered the trick to clearing the app and data settings, I was trying factory pairing, resetting etc...

The problem is that since I have to clear the cache and data to get a working connection between the drone, controller and app, my vehicle and battery logs are being deleted every time. My work around for the moment is only fly one bird with each device, but that's hardly ideal.

So anyone got any thoughts or solutions to this one?

I have issues with my android phone hanging after swapping batteries, occasionally. My solution is to close the app from the recent app list. Seems to resolve it every time. If not, I repeat after rebooting the bird once again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela