Is 3DR Solo one of drones with the best flight time?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering, what are drones with the best flight times.. I guess 3DR Solo, DJI Phantom 3, Yuneec q500+, Blade chroma, DJI Inspire are some of them. But are there any other, not that popular drones with good flight time?

I found some nice list of quads with best fligh time here.. but I'd like to hear from you. I'm sure most of you guys own more than only one drone, so please share your experiences with me :)

Is it unrealistic to expect drones to stay in air for more than 1 hour in near future?

Is it unrealistic to expect drones to stay in air for more than 1 hour in near future?

For a drone the size of a solo or phantom? Depends what you consider "near future". I would call that a year or so, and the answer is no. Battery design won't magically provide 4x the capacity with no weight gain. Maybe in the next 5 years? Fixed wing is the only way you're getting that kind of flight time now.

Hey guys,

I was wondering, what are drones with the best flight times.. I guess 3DR Solo, DJI Phantom 3, Yuneec q500+, Blade chroma, DJI Inspire are some of them. But are there any other, not that popular drones with good flight time?

I found some nice list of quads with best fligh time here.. but I'd like to hear from you. I'm sure most of you guys own more than only one drone, so please share your experiences with me :)

That isn't a real informative site. I believe it's just a landing page to generate links for SEO type work. They just throw marketing material they pull off other sites and is not accurate or fact checked. For example, a quote from that link..."The solo is compact, small, catches video/photo while running on a single AA battery. No charge times or wait, just snap it in and let it explore."

That isn't a real informative site. I believe it's just a landing page to generate links for SEO type work. They just throw marketing material they pull off other sites and is not accurate or fact checked

I agree although it seems more like a site created to promote affiliate buying links to me.

The net seems to be exploding with these types of "10 best..." or "50 most outrageous" or "20 things you won't believe" type compilation pages that try to get users to click through multiple pages containing some kind of provocative material with glaring, self-serving ads on each new page.

You can achieve longer flight times if you build your own. I built a Tarot 650 Sport that could fly for 35-40 mins with a GoPro and gimbal. But it was really heavy and the exact opposite of plug and play. With the Solo I just buy another battery ;)

Btw, from that link..."The solo is compact, small, catches video/photo while running on a single AA battery"
?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig