Iris+

Reaction score
My Iris will not arm.Motors will not start. Throttle set to max, plug in flight battery and lower throttle and get flashing red, blue and green. Set throttle to low, plug in flight battery and get flashing yellow. Could use step by step detailed instructions for loading any and all info into Pixhawk and 900 Tx groung Tx what to do.Will appreciate any help. Iris+ has been grounded for 2 years. Having much trouble figuring what to do. Am 77 years and confused. Have health problems and would like to get bird fixed before much more time passes. Thank you anyone. P.S. Can be contacted by email with written step by step instructions. [email protected] . Will give Ph# if contacted by email if needed. I know the meaning of gratitude.

Reactions: GFields
Hi Lewis - A few questions:
- Are you using the controller that came with the Iris+ (Flysky) ?
- Did you have at least six GPS satellites locked - can be seen on the controllers display?
- Good battery? Any original 3DR IRIS batteries are past end of life and not safe to fly.
- Did IRIS+ fly normally the last time you flew?

If you have a stock IRIS+, for now the firmware originally installed will fly fine. I have a totally stock IRIS+ I fly frequently with no issues.

The biggest issue is the GPS receiver - it only uses the US GPS system, and depending on the satellite positions at a given time, one may have to wait several minutes to get a good lock. It's also very possible that in the time since you last flew the GPS backup battery is dead (very likely) - meaning it can take a long time (6-8 minutes) for the GPS to find itself after a cold start.
Make sure you're in a open area outside with a clear view of the sky.

I should add that when inserting the battery into IRIS+, the throttle should be all the way down and all controls centered. IRIS+ will not arm if the throttle is 'up' as you indicated!
+

John

Last edited:
- Did you have at least six GPS satellites locked - can be seen on the controllers display?
- Good battery? Any original 3DR IRIS batteries are past end of life and not safe to fly.

If you have a stock IRIS+, for now the firmware originally installed will fly fine. I have a totally stock IRIS+ I fly frequently with no issues.

The biggest issue is the GPS receiver - it only uses the US GPS system, and depending on the satellite positions at a given time, one may have to wait several minutes to get a good lock. It's also very possible that in the time since you last flew the GPS backup battery is dead (very likely) - meaning it can take a long time (6-8 minutes) for the GPS to find itself after a cold start.

I should add that when inserting the battery into IRIS+, the throttle should be all the way down and all controls centered. IRIS+ will not arm if the throttle is 'up' as you indicated!
+

John
Additional : I'm assuming you are using the stock IRIS+ controller.

- Fully charge the flight battery and controller
-Place IRIS (flight battery disconnected) on a flat spot with full view of the sky
-Turn on the controller, and after it boots, press the DOWN button on the left side of controller
-Position the MODE switch to LOITER, and make sure the LAND and RTL switches are up for OFF

-Connect the flight battery - DO NOT worry about the battery door now, it is very important not to move or disturb IRIS during boot. Quickly connect the battery and don't shake or move the drone for 20 seconds, then close the battery door
- Press the red safety button on IRIS+
- THROTTLE DOWN and all controls centered

Now watch the controller satellite count (right side of the display. When it hits at least six, IRIS should arm and the tail light should go green.

Raising the throttle to half way will then launch IRIS. GO FLY!

If using an original 3DR battery, stay low and slow. The original batteries are basically on life support...they really can and will fail with no notice.

GL, John

My Iris will not arm.Motors will not start. Throttle set to max, plug in flight battery and lower throttle and get flashing red, blue and green. Set throttle to low, plug in flight battery and get flashing yellow. Could use step by step detailed instructions for loading any and all info into Pixhawk and 900 Tx groung Tx what to do.Will appreciate any help. Iris+ has been grounded for 2 years. Having much trouble figuring what to do. Am 77 years and confused. Have health problems and would like to get bird fixed before much more time passes. Thank you anyone. P.S. Can be contacted by email with written step by step instructions. [email protected] . Will give Ph# if contacted by email if needed. I know the meaning of

+

John
I am using everything that came with my IRIS+. Where is the GPS battery located? I was not aware of one. The last the Iris flew, it was flying fine. The next time it had a tendency to flip forward on takeoff attempts. Have not had any luck since. Please email me so I can log on to forum. Thank you Lewis Gorre.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig