iPhone keeps shutting off

Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue with iPhone 6 shutting off when running 3dr app and it's cold outside? Temp has been about 33 and my phone powers off after 10 min or so. Not sure if it's the phone or the app causing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had this happen but the following instructions might help
1. Double tap the home button and clear all of the applications.
2. Go to the App Store
3. Click the Search icon at the bottom
ONCE the screen is populated and you are able to search
4. Tap the search icon 10 Times.
5. Exit the app store
6. Do a hard reset (Hold home button and power button until the apple logo appears and then let go of both buttons)

This will clear all of the Cached data in all of your apps (you don't loose any texts or anything) and it will help you determine if it's the app or your phone. If you want to go the extra mile.. remove the 3dr app for step 2 and then reinstall after step 6.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you guys put your phone in plane mode while flying. Would that affect the GPS or map?

This is very common in cold weather. Resetting the phone or doing a dance will not change that.

I was thinking that but is 33 for just 10 min really that cold for an iPhone? Anyone using another device that does better in the cold?

I've never had a problem with the iPhone doing that in cold weather. I was in Iowa in -3 degree weather just a couple of weeks ago using my phone to record video. Didn't shut down once.

Is this a "feature" of cold weather and the app?

Yes, it's very frustrating with my 6s+. My work around has been one of those lipstick size portable phone chargers in my jacket pocket with a cable running to the iPhone. It seems to be an iPhone battery issue. I've also stuck a hand warmer on the back of the iPhone with double sided tape, it works pretty damn good. also works good on keeping the solo battery warm so you don't get 12minute flights at 30 degrees.

Anyone else have an issue with iPhone 6 shutting off when running 3dr app and it's cold outside? Temp has been about 33 and my phone powers off after 10 min or so. Not sure if it's the phone or the app causing it.

I had the same issues and at the end the battery was the problem. I did a series of test with the help of apple and they found that the issue was the IOS. FIRST thing is check if your battery is not among those defective batteries( if it is apple will replace it at not cost) otherwise just backup your phone and reset it to factory settings. I know is a pain because you have to get all your apps and stuff back, but most likely this will fix the problem. Cold still affects the phone battery but I have noticed my phone is more stable and battery doesn't drain that fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44