iOS 11

One person reported the video stops working when you start recording. But he refused to troubleshoot anything or try removing/reinstalling the app. So no other testing or feedback has been posted here.

One person reported the video stops working when you start recording. But he refused to troubleshoot anything or try removing/reinstalling the app. So no other testing or feedback has been posted here.

Seems like iOS11 has a lot of reasons to wait for Apple to sort things out before upgrading, besides the Solo app.

It wouldn't be the first time. The last update screwed up the 3DR app too. So it wouldn't surprise me if it happens again with this one. There just isn't enough people trying it out yet since it just dropped yesterday.

You know what fixes this? Android and the Solex app :)

I can confirm that IOS 11 does give an initial blank screen when you start the gopro recording. Closing the app and relaunching does work just fine and gives live feed. Best thing to do is to start recording in manual mode on the gopro and then launch the app.

It wouldn't be the first time. The last update screwed up the 3DR app too. So it wouldn't surprise me if it happens again with this one. There just isn't enough people trying it out yet since it just dropped yesterday.

You know what fixes this? Android and the Solex app :)

Just what I need more devices on a different OS. I'm not sure that is a fix, given that I'm an occasional Solo user.

Well now we have a pattern. But it would be best for someone to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app before declaring it a lost cause. I would also be wary of 3DR fixing it in a timely manner, since they have little reason to bother.

I can confirm that IOS 11 does give an initial blank screen when you start the gopro recording. Closing the app and relaunching does work just fine and gives live feed. Best thing to do is to start recording in manual mode on the gopro and then launch the app.

I didn't know you could start recording on the GoPro and the Solo app would sync when you launched it.

I didn't know you could start recording on the GoPro and the Solo app would sync when you launched it.
Yes it does work fine that way.
1) Booted Solo and controller
2) Launched App on iphone 6s
3) Could see live feed on phone in app
4) Hit record button on gopro
5) Live feed disappears
6) CLOSE app on iphone
7) Launch app again on iphone
8) Live feed working in app and recording on gopro

If you stop and start recording again in flight, does the same thing happen again?

If you stop and start recording again in flight, does the same thing happen again?

I don't know - I'm runnning v5 firmware on my gopro 4 black so i have to start recording manually since recording from the app doesn't work on that gopro firmware. It did record properly on my phone however. Also - confirmed that starting recording FIRST on the gopro and then opening the app works just fine for live feed and recording.

Uh, since when did recording start/stop not work with GoPro v5?? The only thing that shouldn't work is the automatic power on/off.

Reactions: jimloss
Starting or stopping recording in v5 using 2.7k Linear does not work. Lower modes work with starting or stopping the recording in the app. Just verified it in the app on my gopro - changed setting to 1080p wide recording starting and stopping works fine in app. Change it to 2.7k Linear no go on the app to start or stop the recording.

Is it linear that breaks it? Because the resolution certainly does not cause this. I've never heard of anyone else having this issue.

Reactions: davenfs
Yes the linear is what breaks it. Should be easy to duplicate. Linear is the new mode in v5 that has no capability of being set within the 3DR app, it has to be done on the gopro. You can change out of linear in the app to another mode/resolution but you can't go back to it in the app, you have to reset it on the gopro.

I tried starting recording with the paddle, still got black screen. I actually did get it to work once, but couldn’t replicate it. I was trying all sorts of things like going back and forth between Photo and Video. Photos still work.

Any one tried it with the ios 11.01 ? I have not gotten the time to try it yet. Please share if you have the same problem will check and update on Sunday.

Any one tried it with the ios 11.01 ? I have not gotten the time to try it yet. Please share if you have the same problem will check and update on Sunday.

Just tried iOS 11.0.1 and unfortunately it has the same problem as 11.0 (video feed cuts out when recording starts). The only way I've been able to get video feed back is by exiting the app and then re-launching it while Solo is recording the whole time. Somebody suggested going into photo mode and taking a snapshot, but that doesn't bring the video feed back. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421